X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXACTLY like mom... OMG

GOD FORBID US... HA HA HA...

Okay guy's we need to loosen up here so...everyone is so serious all the time.... so I ask you this

what do you say to your children whenever that half way through you think to yourself.....

"OMG I sound EXACTLY like my mother"

I can see all of you in my mind SMILING thinking .... yup... but ya gotta love that smile.
    Your calling your family to dinner the third time
    0%
    When the children tell you they are bored
    0%
    When you ask the children to do the dishes
    0%
    When there is nothing to wear
    0%
    When there is "nothing to eat in the house"
    0%
    It's time to get up in the morning
    0%
    It's time to go to bed
    0%

Too funny!

I find myself saying things to my two boys that my parents used to say to me and I'd roll my eyes over as a kid.. this happens daily and I just think to myself.. WHAT AM I DOING! Too too funny! Thanks for the smile! Can use it today!

Comment

Definitely when its time to go to bed!
      Thats the only time i get motherly.. heh

Comment

I've been sounding like a mom since I became a teacher! Now I've gotten my "dirty" looks down so well that all I have to do is look at someone and they say, "what?!" Heheh..and even though I'm still fairly young, I feel old! I'm perfectly happy watching movies on a friday night.

Comment

Yep, I bet becoming a teacher gives you that authorative look about you.
          I wish i had that!

Comment

Drives me crazy when the kids say there are bored. I came up with this solution a few years ago, and I haven't heard the word bored since. I made them each a binder full of grade level appropriate "homework". When they were bored out came the binders and they sat at the kitchen table doing work, until they could find something else to do, which by the way, was very quickly.

Comment

thats a great idea. Kids today have so much but often finds themselves bored. When I was a child, I had a very simple life and very seldom did I get bored

Comment

I don't have children yet but with my neices and nephews I say things like 'Now I know you weren't raised that way' when they start misbehaving. My mother used to say that all the time. Cracks me up when I realize I'm parroting her.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X