This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample separation agreements?

I am looking for some sample or example of separation agreements which cover various areas ...custody access, spousal and extraordinary expenses.

ALso, I would love to see some samples of offers to settle. Is this just a draft of a proposed separation agreement or part of the whole things such as one issue to be settled for the ultimate end result.... being a separation agreement?

Thanks for the PM. Check your e-mail again for a sample Separation Agreement from the Law Society. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

As for an Offer Settle, my lawyers use a Net Family Property Form, fill in the numbers, than type up a page which states wife get this, husband get that etc. etc.

Comment

Seperation agreements can be as big or small as you want them. And you are correct, they should cover support, custody, access, etc. But also things like insurance, RESP's, residence, etc.

I am tainted on agreements since we had signed agreements, that were not followed by my ex, contested and then not enforced by a judge. Personally, I even think court orders are a joke. People either want to behave or be savages. Apparantly being treated as you would like to be treated does not apply.

The more ugly the divorce, the more the agreement must be black and white, solid and "in stone". For example, in a friendly divorce (and yes, they do exist), you could write the children will be with the father on Father's Day. But as the divorce turns ugly and the children are used as weapons, that statement could mean 1 hour, 2 hours, never, etc. I would get it in black and white. For example, 7:30pm the night before Father's Day until return to school Monday. That way there is no extortion tactics come Father's Day. Although she can still take off with the kids (mine did).

This site is really good:

http://www.spig.clara.net/

I posted some hliday example schedules in the forum on parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Decent Dad
        Seperation agreements can be as big or small as you want them. And you are correct, they should cover support, custody, access, etc. But also things like insurance, RESP's, residence, etc.

I am tainted on agreements since we had signed agreements, that were not followed by my ex, contested and then not enforced by a judge. Personally, I even think court orders are a joke. People either want to behave or be savages. Apparantly being treated as you would like to be treated does not apply.

The more ugly the divorce, the more the agreement must be black and white, solid and "in stone". For example, in a friendly divorce (and yes, they do exist), you could write the children will be with the father on Father's Day. But as the divorce turns ugly and the children are used as weapons, that statement could mean 1 hour, 2 hours, never, etc. I would get it in black and white. For example, 7:30pm the night before Father's Day until return to school Monday. That way there is no extortion tactics come Father's Day. Although she can still take off with the kids (mine did).

This site is really good:

http://www.spig.clara.net/

I posted some hliday example schedules in the forum on parenting.
        Wow, thanks for that link.. I have not seen that site for.
        Bookmarked it for future reference

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X