This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing my kids

As I look outside today I see a beautiful sunny day, you could hear the birds singing, you could smell the spring air passing by, Yet something is missing, the sounds of my children. Their sweet laughter, their beautiful colorful eyes staring at me. This will be another hard spring and summer for me. I used to love playing with my kids in the backyard, watching them ride their bikes, going to the park with them . Why did this all have to come to a halt. Yes, I still see them once a week and every other weekend, but that’s just not enough. When I add the days up it’s just 8 days a month.
    I wish one day once their old enough to make up their own mind they realize how much I cried and missed them each and everyday that went by.
    How to we get by without being able to see our precious children everyday? I’m just suffering so much it’s killing me. The other day my kids told me I wish we were a family again, that almost broke my heart, because I would want that for them so badly, yet it could not be. I
    God if you could grant me one wish it would be to allow me to be with my kids more.

I can relate FPI. My son said to me the other day, " I can see you in my mind". He is only 6....

I broke down after that.

I told him I would send him a picture of he and I feeding the ducks at the park, in a frame, to put by his bed.

I have sent him many pictures of me, and us together, but ex won't have them around I am told.

How can she do this to him?

I want to tell him that this summer when daddy comes home to visit we will have lots of time together to do fun things....but I can't tell him this because I don't know if things will be worked out in court by then. I don't want to make promises to him that I can't keep.

FPI....you said you only get the kids a grand total of 8 days per month. Is there any way you could get this changed to more?

GDGM

Comment

I feel for the two of you. I remember those days, (my kids are older). They don't last long. Often times when the children are of an age to decide which parent to live with, gone are the carefree days of just playing together. They become, moody, broody teenagers, who want to be there their friends more than their parents. Not to worry though, they do come around after a few years or when they need the car keys.

I hope you both can somehow settle your issues regarding custody and look forward to spending at least half the summer holidays with your children.

Comment

gooddadgoingmad,

If your ex is not allowing a picture with you and your kids in your child room, I would bring forth a motion on this issue and this issue alone. It is not an unreasonable request and since it is a relatively simple issue, represent yourself. Your evidence I suspect would be hearsay as it is obvious your child has told you this information, however I suspect the evidence would be allowed. It is the child's right to have a meaningful relationship with both parents.

It might open the courts eyes on exactly what is going on. I am betting your ex is going to feel sort of silly explaining to a Judge why she forbids a picture of you and your child in your child room out of sight from the main living area.

Comment

I wish I could do that...but I am living thousand of miles away unfortunately. I am currently drafting up a letter to the ex and I'm going to try to appeal to her. I liked what Grace wrote in one of her posts where she said that just because we didnt work out as husband and wife, it doesn't mean we can't work out as parents to our son.

I am going to write her in such a way that the tone is friendly and to let her know that I love my son and he has got to come first in all of this. It's a difficult task when she is telling so many lies and behaving so poorly. Alas, I feel I've got to try something at this point to get her to see things differently with regards to that little boy.

Should I send this letter through certified mail? Or in such a way that I have a copy as well....to back myself up if this ends up in front of a judge...to show that I am making an effort to keep the relationship amicable for our sons sake?

Wish I could email her the letter.....but she doesn't know how to use a computer....

GDGM

Comment

gooddadgoingmad,

I would definitely send it registered mail. This would be your proof that she received the letter and could perhaps assist you at a latter date if the matter does end up in court.

Comment

Originally posted by FPI
              As I look outside today I see a beautiful sunny day, you could hear the birds singing, you could smell the spring air passing by, Yet something is missing, the sounds of my children. Their sweet laughter, their beautiful colorful eyes staring at me. This will be another hard spring and summer for me. I used to love playing with my kids in the backyard, watching them ride their bikes, going to the park with them . Why did this all have to come to a halt. Yes, I still see them once a week and every other weekend, but that’s just not enough. When I add the days up it’s just 8 days a month.
              I wish one day once their old enough to make up their own mind they realize how much I cried and missed them each and everyday that went by.
              How to we get by without being able to see our precious children everyday? I’m just suffering so much it’s killing me. The other day my kids told me I wish we were a family again, that almost broke my heart, because I would want that for them so badly, yet it could not be. I
              God if you could grant me one wish it would be to allow me to be with my kids more.
              Sorry to hear you are suffering so much.
              It must be terribly hard.
              is there not any way you could see them more?

Comment

I pray every night hoping that I can spend more time with my children. Just today I received a letter from my ex full of lies. In this letter she talks about my last few visits with my children. She goes as far a saying I was drinking and not supervising them. She says that they were in the front area of my home while I was inside drinking. I can't believe she is going to this extreme. First of all she knows I can't drink since I had massive internal bleeding due to an ulcer when I was younger. If I drink this might happen again and it could end my life. I guess she is trying to make me look like a drunk just so it could benefit her when it gets to court.
                Just a bit of information about myself I have always worked hard, for many years I volunteered my time with the Toronto Auxiliary Police. I have even tried getting elected as a school trustee at one point. Came very close to winning. I presently work for the Federal Government as a Manager of operations. I have over 100 employees that I look over. I don't know how I could be a drunk and manage all my affairs.
                Anyway, God will get me through this; I have allot of confidence in him.

Comment

That's very sad FPI and horrible what your ex is doing. It sounds like she is trying to a little character assassination in preparation for court. Well, keep the faith and I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X