This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

I wish I had found this site 2+ years ago when I first started going through the separation/divorce process.

My husband and I have been separated for 2.5yrs now and just finished the custody portion of the divorce, waiting to get through with the settlement part.

I have found this entire process so frustrating and to be honest a waste of time. I feel like the only ones benefiting in the end are the lawyers.

I have 2 really great kids who are 15 and 10 and I feel an incredible amount of guilt for putting them through this process.

My oldest recently decided to go and live with his father which cut me deeply and I'm trying my best to cope with that.

I'm hoping to make some new friends here and feel a little less alone.

Hi Pink! Love the name. Welcome!

Sorry you're feeling so frustrated with the process, and that you're feeling hurt over your son's choice to live with Dad. I hope you find what you need and what you're looking for here.

Comment

Welcome Pink! I hear you about being frustrated with the process - I'm getting close to the 2-year mark myself with absolutely nothing resolved!

Sounds like your being pretty positive despite it all which I think really helps! Hopefully you've already established a good bond with your 12 yos and whoever knows what will happen in the future!

Comment

I must sound more positive than I actually am lol
        Some days I really feel like I should have just sucked it up and waited until my kids were grown to leave and spare them this trauma.

I have a great relationship with both of my children and I think that is why it hurt so much when my son chose to live with his father.
        Such is life I suppose.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X