Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:20 PM

StillPaying is on a distinguished road

What was your ex's reason for not agreeing to cs today, at least moving forward? I would include any and all issues in your offer to settle. Then give him 30 days to consult legal advice before bringing a motion if cs isn't updated. The remaining issues may not be as important and could wait for your sc/tmc. I'm glad your cc/drc went well.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

He didnít have a reason for not adjusting child support moving forward. He said he didnít deny he was currently earning X amount and should be paying X amount. Tried to pin him down and at least agree to a consent order regarding this. But he wasnít agreeable. The DRO can only do so much.

I have his NOA for the past three years prior and it all indicates he earned significantly more and should have adjusted child support sometime ago. If he doesnít at least start paying moving forward the arrears will continue to add up. It also doesnít look that great for him should this be pursued as a motion. The Judge is likely to ask him why he didnít just adjust child support moving forward at the CC.

Last edited by Nadia; 01-11-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

I'm in a similar situation where the ex refuses to pay for Section 7 (daycare) expenses and his arrears are racking up. Why the offer to settle? Do you give them a break on the actual expenses in hopes they pay moving forward? I am thinking my ex is holding out to have some of his arrears forgiven.