This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting him out of the house

Some of you may have read my little blurbs on here about my situation but I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem: my husband is having an affair (he denies it) and says he doesn''t love me but won't leave our house because he wants us to live "as friends" and raise our kids so that they won't know what is going on. I believe this is emotional abuse because everytime he leaves on one of his "trips" I get to stay home and take care of our children in my very depressed emotional state. It is very cruel of him to leave me with my thoughts of what he's doing (I am not making up the affair in my mind - there are receipts, phone records and I've even spoken to the other woman who was more than glad to tell me what she was doing with him). HOW CAN I GET HIM TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE? If I file for divorce and I win custody of my boys and the matrimonial home, then will he have to leave? How long could this take? Because I am under the same roof as this man and he says it is "his" house and if I go to a lawyer, he will drag it out as long as he can. CAN HE DO THAT?

He probably thinks he has it good. Sounds to me that he is using you as the nanny/housekeeper while he's away, on his "trips". Kids are smart, they'll sense somethings up.

You will need to retain a lawyer. You can ask the courts for possession of the matrimonial home, and custody of your children. He may counter back and ask for the same. Then the courts will decide what they feel is in the best interest of the children.

Hopefully, once both of you retain counsel you will be able to come to a resolution together, and avoid court.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have the name of a good lawyer in my area and will be calling him this week. My husband said that he would defend himself if I ever took him to court because he's not "giving a lawyer any of his money" and I will be wasting my father's money (he knows my Dad would pay anything to see him strung up!).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X