Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 AM

thh1 is on a distinguished road
Default Summer schedule one week on and off

I have full custody and primary resident per court order. Ex has kids every other weekend during school year and one week on and off in the summer. There are some weekday activities (baseball training) that ex refuse to bring kids to the class. what should I do?
Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thh1 View Post
I have full custody and primary resident per court order. Ex has kids every other weekend during school year and one week on and off in the summer. There are some weekday activities (baseball training) that ex refuse to bring kids to the class. what should I do?

Its their time and you dont get to say what they do on their time. You could ask them to do it and remind them the kids enjoy the activity and it would be something they can enjoy together but ultimately if they choose to keep kid out, they are allowed to make that call.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:05 AM

thh1 is on a distinguished road

sigh, thanks Rockscan.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:15 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Legally of course you cannot force anything. The entire point of parenting time is that the other parent does not get to dictate what happens during that time.

That said, you could always negotiate. You have most of the time, offer some of it in exchange for the baseball.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:28 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Going through this right now. D4 wants to play soccer so bad- but her dad doesn't want to take her on his time. Annoyed at first- but I guess he wants to spend one on one time with her during his parenting time- understandable.

I offered up a weekend morning (on my days) to replace soccer time- and I drop off and pick up. It's only for summer.