X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support + Common Law

SORRY i'M NEW AT THIS.
    Support – Interim support. I have paid all house and debt bills for over a year and a half now while property is for sale with no help from him at all. No children. Lawyer says nothing he can do. X’s wage has traditionally been twice mine yet x's overall contributions considerably less over the 17 year common law. (like literally 1 dollar to my 5) Listed as spouses on all documents for 15 of the 17 years apart from the first two years where the x was only shown as a guarantor on title as the bank would not approve me solely at that time do to income. What can I do.

Bring an application before the court for spousal support. With consideration to what you mentioned, I think you may just be successful in your claim.

lv

Comment

Application without a lawyer?

Can I do this without my lawyer, or at least get it rolling, in light of his lack of I guess - advocating for me? As I mentioned prev. I have done all the work for him including the Affidavit of Documents for discovery which was cancelled recently - no reasons as yet. Provided him with all my originals long with the Judge's copy and opposing party copy - have mine. As mentioned I tried already to get a new lawyer but ended up talking to current lawyer nad he mentioned that he would not release my documents unless I paid my bill which he won't provide...in full.

Comment

time limit - spousal support application

Time of the application January 2007. No spousal to date x's wage $100
        Mine $46. As mentioned I am paying all bills on joint property to date - some of it X has and uses or has sold off - example: big ticket items such as a riding lawnmower which X took leaving me to pay to have 4 acres of grass cut by contractor.
        Lawyer now says not entitled even though in original application.
        Should I re-apply now with new financial statement - shows more support required. pls do not misunderstand not wanting to milk the X - currently btw X's wage and new common law partner now well over $180.
        I reside on the property which is a farm - x took (stole basically) all tools and implements of husbandry to maintain property. Can I do anything regarding this?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X