X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenting Mediator in Ottawa?

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a high-conflict situation with my ex, who refuses to speak to me directly and is accusatory and hostile in emails. My daughter is starting school next week and I need to discuss her schedule and payments for her after school program, etc. I do not want this to go through our lawyers, as that has already led to confusion.

Can anyone recommend a person or program who can help with this - a parenting mediator or coordinator in the downtown Ottawa area? Any suggestions about dealing with this type of situation would also help.

I think I am dealing with the type of person described by Bill Eddy in his books - a narcissistic personality who derives satisfaction from conflict and is unable to empathize or put the needs of his child first.

Thanks,

MC

Not sure how a mediator's going to help. There needs to be a willingness on both parties to make that work.

Comment

Our mediator gave us the following names:

Shelagh MacDonald
      136 Lewis Street Ottawa
      613-236-2160

Lena Jones
      703-331 Cooper Street
      613-234-7444

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the names. I realize that it may not work, but it is worth suggesting, I think.

Has anyone tried this with any success?

We tried mediation early on, then met with a parenting coordinator, but nothing worked then and it may never work . . .

I'm not sure what to do.

Comment

Invite the individual for collaborative forum discussion ... It's free.

Comment

Collaborative Forum Discussion?

I just tried to google this . . . it isn't clear to me from your comment who offers this service. Can you provide further details please?

Comment

Originally posted by mothercourage View Post
              I just tried to google this . . . it isn't clear to me from your comment who offers this service. Can you provide further details please?
              Invite them to this forum!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X