X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please see comments below in bold.

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
    I realize, of course, it's him I need to talk to speak with about it. My question was simply if it was something we agreed on would it be something that should be in the separation agreement.

You can put whatever you want in a separation agreement. You can each promise not to visit strip clubs, pay vet bills, or walk away from your mortgage. As long as you abide the agreement, who cares. What you're really asking is whether it's enforceable if one party renegs. And that's why you need leverage.

I guess I didn't realize divorced = death of humour. I guess I've been doing it wrong.

Sorry I missed the subtle humour in the term pet support. I did see the humour in asking for it as you will see if you re-read the HA HA HA's in one of my posts above.

I don't believe in 'threatening' people for anything, most certainly not the father of my children for whatever reason.

Yes, but if he agrees I'd like it in writing somewhere - whether in the separation agreement or somewhere else. Not because I'd want to threaten him with going to court or something equally ridiculous, he just seems to remember and respect things better when they're in writing.

Well, as said above, if he abides by it, and agrees, put it in the separation agreement.

I've been going over options a lot since the vet bills starting adding up and I think I'm going to try going the pet insurance route which covers pretty much everything aside from regular checkups which would be a lot less then emergency vet costs when they get hurt or injured. He'll be more likely to go for it if it costs less which it would if we insured them all. If he doesn't want to do that I have my own life insurance policy that I can cancel to pay the difference.

Comment

You can each promise not to visit strip clubs...
      Oh now there's one I hadn't thought of......

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X