Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correcting FRO account via motion/court order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting FRO account via motion/court order?

I have occassionally paid outside of FRO (before FRO, when my employer messed up my paycheck) and FRO has taken arrears based on that but my e had always just sent me the arrears. Then she stopped doing that (around the time she bought a new car but whatever...). She will not update FRO and tells me to take her to court. FRO says they can only accept an update from her and if she doesn't provide one my only recourse is to get a court order.

So would I just file a motion requesting an update to the FRO account, showing the court all the history etc, then if the court issues an order that's what I use to update FRO? Has anyone done this or dealt with this same issue?

Thanks

What is the problem exactly? Your child support amounts have changed or there is a miscalculation on arrears?

If your cs amount has changed and your ex wont agree to update then yes you need to get a new order which will require a motion to change.

If you are disagreeing with arrears amounts then you need to file a dispute with FRO and provide proof to them that you paid these amounts. For instance if you wrote a cheque, provide a copy of the cancelled cheque. If you paid via an e transfer then show that. If you paid by cash then you are out of luck.

Comment

The amount of arrears is incorrect. When I talked to FRO my case worker said they wouldn't accept statement or checks from me - he said for all they knew the amounts paid could have been for something else and not for CS, so they would only accept a statement from the recipient. He said if I couldn't get that that they would only accept a court order.

In some ways i"m fine with going to court because it will be faster than dealing with FRO, I suspect. So i was wondering if anyone else had gone to court for that before.

Comment

Your case worker is incorrect. My husband successfully disputed arrears several years ago and the arrears were rejected. I would be asking to speak to a supervisor at FRO and also calling the ombudsperson office.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X