X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO and Temporary Reduction in Child Support

A few questions:

Filing Form 15 Change of Motion to reduce child support due to lower income.

Saw Duty Counsel and he advised that once we have a case conference, I can request a Temporary Reduction in Child Support since I figure the X is going to want to fight this out (I have enough documentation showing I am making $30K less).

Wondering since I am paying $1,000 right now (due 1st of the month) and the amount according to the tables is $661, I am always paying on time, Should I put myself on FRO since it takes 8 weeks to process and the X won't get the payments until February and by then I would have asked for a temporary reduction. Doesn't bother me to be on FRO since I am paying on time and plus when it comes off my pay, I know what I am left it and I don't have to see the X to give her the cheque (she needs to sign a form to get the cheque so I have proof she accepted it).

Advice....heard lots of stuff (both good and bad) about FRO.

I would strongly advise against involving yourself with FRO.

They are an extremely difficult organization to deal with on many levels. Doesn't matter if your on time with your payments. Takes one mistake or even typo to screw everything up for months.

And trust me they don,t care if your eating out of garbage cans or sleeping on the street.

Comment

Got it.

Have to make sure my car is running when I give her the cheque so I can take off before she tries to run into my car like last time.

Comment

Does your order specify amounts? Does it indicate any method of recalculation each year?

Be VERY cautious on changing CS amounts that are written into a court order. You need to file a motion to reduce the amounts accordingly, but until then if there is a dollar value in the order, you are stuck paying that unless the ex agrees to it.

Comment

Separation agreement states the following: childsupport established at $1,000 month for 2 children to start effective the sale of the matrimonial home - Oct 1, 2011. (I filed the separation agreement as a court document yesterday).

Separation agreement states the following: (Husband) and (wife) will conduct a yearly review of the childcare arrangement in order to determine if circumstances necessitate a change in the childsupport arrangement and, if requested, each party will provide the previous year's tax return for the yearly review. (I am waiting on Confirmation of Assignment which I need to attach to the Change of Motion which is already to go and be filed - Form 15, Form 15A and Form 13 complete)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X