This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
    The OP's original question was about SS not about equalization. jAnus over simplified things in attempts to address SS. His remarks did not accurately take into account all the variables examined when determining SS for spouses who are business partners. I believe Mess partially addressed the issue later in the thread by suggesting that the OP consult lawyer and examine establishment of various trusts. I would add that I think the political thread of this forum would be a more appropriate location for a discussion on the merits or detriments of SS.
    I disagree, Janus was not attempting to address SS, and what Janus said about equalization was agreed to by OrleansLawyer and others.

Though the OP was asking about SS, they also discussed equalization.

Both are relevant and need to be considered.

Comment

• Well we can agree to disagree. I did not oppose what was said about equalization because that wasn't the OP's question (I try to stay on track). My remarks were directed at SS specifically OP's request for information on SS.

I believe the thread is pretty much closed as the OP left the forum. Enough said at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
        That is a good thing. I like to think that anyone can come on the forum and seek some advice, and not be singled out sarcastically simply because the topic they post on is unpopular.
        So, if somebody posts asking for information for their new husband, you'll be helpful from now on? I mean, you wouldn't tell them to butt out of their new spouse's business, would you?

Comment

• I have gone on the record before, and I repeat, I believe the two people who are divorcing should be the ones involved in the divorce. I do not condone new partners interfering with divorce proceedings. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

Quit trying to bait me into an argument. You know my position.

Comment

• ^ so if someone comes on the board and asks, "My new boyfriend is in the middle of a divorce, do you think I should get involved?" you can chime in with your opinion.

If they ask anything else, they shouldn't get attacked.

Comment

• Is there a reason for the continuation of this thread? The poster has left the forum.

Comment

• We're just decompressing.

Comment

• Clearly there are some on here who really can't relate to having their ex's new partner putting their oar in, keeping it in, grinding it in. 5 years in, and I can tell you that it's no picnic. My ex is a lunatic and so is his wife. Great, now I have a tag-team to worry about. Just as I would not insert myself into any man's matrimonial dispute/sep/divorce, I would not want any parther of mine getting directly involved with my mess, and it is a mess.

So as not to be off topic, I also was awarded SS for a fixed amount of time. When the time nears for it to expire, should the (compensatory) need be still present, I will definitely be applying for its continuance. I've been ripped off for years by my ex - and I'm not losing the roof over my head to pay even further for the bullshit he has caused, despite his best efforts. I'm sure the OP (who has left the bldg) has the intelligence and resources to find a competent lawyer who will represent her best interests. I wish her well.

Comment

• I would like to join the team that is a supporter of SS compensary and non--compensary and double supporter of new "spouces" butting out of any divorce but their own.
                    My x has a new partner and I have to say there have been no dealings with her. I do not know what influence and direction she is giving him or if she is at all. He is so good at making a mess for himself that I doubt she could make it worst for him , yet still I do not understand new partners or spouces or common law butting their noses in. I must say I have yet to ever read a post from a male who is concerned about his partners x, seems its the women who are the ones who are so concerned and writing on behalf of their hard done by husband,, I am sure it has nothing to do with money or support, just concern from the bottom of their lil sweet hearts.
                    Divorce is ugly enough, I do not believe we need to add any salt to the wound to stir things up.
                    For those of you who feel receiving SS is the lazy way out or punishment or any name you choose to call it--that is your right and it is my right to receive a huge chunk the 1st of every month according to the law.

Comment

• You're all entitled to your opinions. When a new spouse comes to the board to ask questions I won't tolerate attacks. Everyone is welcome to ask reasonable questions here.

Comment

• Originally posted by momforever1956 View Post
                        Janice,

Divorce at best is a horrible process. SS is a very very sensitive subject and truly not viewed upon well. I strongly suggest you researching, and a good place to start is www.canlii.org and just type in key words and cases will show up and just read and read and then look up more cases. Another informative website is www.justice.gc.ca.
                        Good Luck.
                        Originally posted by Mess View Post
                        You're all entitled to your opinions. When a new spouse comes to the board to ask questions I won't tolerate attacks. Everyone is welcome to ask reasonable questions here.
                        Mess, I totally agree with your statement, just as when someone comes here to find out about SS they shouldnt be called names and be attacked, told to get a job or being called lazy and all sorts of beautiful adjectives. Fair is fair,,,,,

Comment

• Yes, I do try to devote unlimited hours every day doing nothing but monitoring posts.

Don't attack people asking questions. If you see someone being attacked, pm me.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X