Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick easy question about the Financial Statement and Proposed Budget

Hello all,

My case grinds ahead very slowly and now my lawyer needs an updated financial statement and proposed budget from me. But I don't know what numbers to include, because FRO has just started taking 50% of my wages (based on my ex's fraud. Go find my other posts for more detail). Here are the variables:

Financial

My income, expenses, assets, debts, etc...

1. ...Based on my regular income and the child support amount that I had mediated with my ex back in September, or;

2. ...Based on my regular income and the new adjusted (fraudulent) arrears amount, which raised the child support numbers from $430 monthly to $1400 monthly.

Proposed Budget

My income, expenses, assets, debts, etc...

1. As above

2. As above

3. ...Based on the 50/50 access which I'm asking for (remember that after 4 court dates and mediation I already have my kids almost 40% of the time), meaning without any child support numbers factored in at all and this budget proposes how I imagine my monthly financial picture will look like.

A little help here...?

well of course I have to ask about "expenses" because well all know this can be fluff? If I were an investigator I would focus first on the expense line item.

my answer to you is to merely "fill in the blanks" - if you have nothing to hide then it can't be that difficult can it?

Comment

Maybe I didn't ask very clearly...

My question was how do I go about reporting my financials, now that FRO is dinging me for arrears? Do I list it based on what has been coming in and going out for the past year, or do I base it on what my new reality is where my child support going out has jumped from $430 to $1400?

And is the proposed budget based on either one of those numbers, or is it based on what I would be proposing my budget to be without the child support factored in at all?

Comment

Well, the reality at the moment is that you are paying $1400 in child support and you don't have 50/50 offset - so that is what you should use. Your budget should be based on actual income and expenditures, not what you think you should be paying or what you would like to be paying if everything goes your way.

And surely it's in your interests to report high CS payments rather than low ones, no? I can't see how reporting high child-related expenses can hurt you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X