This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mediation

Hi...a question here about a closed door mediation between my ex (common law) and our lawyers. As pert of this mediation, can we agree on a less amount of SS and/or CS than is set out with the guidelines??

just curious...

Originally posted by Necromancer View Post
    Hi...a question here about a closed door mediation between my ex (common law) and our lawyers. As pert of this mediation, can we agree on a less amount of SS and/or CS than is set out with the guidelines??

just curious...
    Many of the questions you have as a new poster have been addressed in detail in a number of threads already.

For example on the subject of mediation there are bunch here is one example:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...n-today-13949/

You and the other party can agree to anything you want. Is it enforceable and if brought before the court (or filed with your request for divorce) will a judge accept it... That is the real question.

MySupportCalculator.ca - You know the same company that makes Divorcemate provide the same calculations to the public for free?

One poster even reported that the numbers they produced for mediation from MySupportCalculator.ca and the one from the other party's lawyer actually matched up exactly.

Who would have thunk?

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

If th bio dad is on FRO records, there is not much else she can do. She is going after you probably because this is an option her lawyer presented to her.

The reality is that you have been longer with these children than the bio dad himself.

Is she able to demonstrate that you acted as a parental figure?

Comment

Originally posted by Moolight View Post
        If th bio dad is on FRO records, there is not much else she can do. She is going after you probably because this is an option her lawyer presented to her.

The reality is that you have been longer with these children than the bio dad himself.

Is she able to demonstrate that you acted as a parental figure?

absolutely..I'm not denying I acted like more of a father than their bio dad 9cuz she fought for full custody and FREAKED everytime they wanted to visit him)..and yes I'm sure she'll be able to prove this if it goes in front of a judge.

I've heard tell that the majority of the time, the judge looks at this and wonders why the mother doesn't spend more time and effort chasing the bio dad..he's on disability and easy to track...she's given it up completely. (maybe I'm wrong)

either way..she saw me coming from day one (oh look he makes good $$ and has a good job)...thats really basically it!!!

The daughter she's trying to get CS for is 18..barely going to make it through HS, and she claims that the daughter is going to attend college this spring??...I'm going to want to see the college acceptance before I agree to CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancer View Post
          The daughter she's trying to get CS for is 18..barely going to make it through HS, and she claims that the daughter is going to attend college this spring??...I'm going to want to see the college acceptance before I agree to CS.
          If that is the case,I would not worried as you will not have much to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Moolight View Post
            If that is the case,I would not worried as you will not have much to pay.

thanks Moohil...I wouldn't put it past her mother to be oushing her to go to college just for the sake of my $$...I'm sorry...I sound like a real ASS, but you all gotta meet this woman!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X