No announcement yet.

Melatonin use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although this may sound "stupid" I wouldn't put my faith into doctor's recommendations.

Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in the body, it regulates sleep patterns and is usually released by glands at nighfall/darkness.

The thing with introducing hormones into your body from an external source, is that it usually results in your body and the organs that produce it, to become "lazy". Which is why men that overdo steroids end up with a lack of testosterone post cycle.

I personally, wouldn't give Melatonin or any hormone to a child in development out of fear that it would stunt the development of the glands responsible for producing and releasing that hormone. The occasional use of it, would be acceptable, but definitely on rare occasions.

As an adult, you can do what you want, but again, using it regularly would result in your body becoming "lazy" and no longer producing normal/healthy levels of Melatonin, thus resulting in sleep problems.

With that said, my boyfriend has horrible sleep issues, and uses it regularly (sleep issues existed his entire life, not just since using Melatonin, so nothing to lose he says).

Comment

Actually my previous statement probably isn't so stupid to a forum that collectively doesn't put their faith into lawyers .

"Although this may sound "stupid" I wouldn't put my faith into doctor's recommendations."

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X