Spousal support if she is working now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal support if she is working now

I have new case conference as my ex is looking to reduce my access time from the first 3 weekends of every month to EOW. While I'm there its time to address the amount of support I'm paying.
    First, I pay $650 spousal and now she has been working for 6 months. It is just better than part time approx 20,000 yearly. I'm set at 55,000 although my income was imputed from 35,000 . What can I expect as I am asking for a reduction in support payments.

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
    I have new case conference as my ex is looking to reduce my access time from the first 3 weekends of every month to EOW. While I'm there its time to address the amount of support I'm paying.
    First, I pay $650 spousal and now she has been working for 6 months. It is just better than part time approx 20,000 yearly. I'm set at 55,000 although my income was imputed from 35,000 . What can I expect as I am asking for a reduction in support payments.
    You can go to mysupportcalculator.ca for rough numbers.

Was she imputed an income when spousal support was assessed?
    How did you get assessed with 55,000? Is that what your income tax filings and Notice of Assessments show?

Comment

Ya I checked out the support tables, they go way down and no she got off scottfree of all income anything, whatever !!

I am self imployed but no matter my NOS was reading 29,000. The Judge was going over my statement of business income statement and stated to add back money on my income from my write offs. I let it go for the most part because I had a morgage application for 55,000 . Long story got left holding the bag sort off.

This year my NO reads 31,000 . What do you think I can expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
        Ya I checked out the support tables, they go way down and no she got off scottfree of all income anything, whatever !!

I am self imployed but no matter my NOS was reading 29,000. The Judge was going over my statement of business income statement and stated to add back money on my income from my write offs. I let it go for the most part because I had a morgage application for 55,000 . Long story got left holding the bag sort off.

This year my NO reads 31,000 . What do you think I can expect?
        It is reasonable that a person who is physically and mentally capable of working full time be imputed with at least a minimum wage. The math would be: 40 hours a week, at $10 an hour, x 50 weeks=$20,000.

If it went to court you still might have to worry about the business income impact, but without all the numbers I couldn't judge, but my impression is the judge came down hard on you. Perhaps you needed to be better armed with facts and figures. And yes the mortgage application did not help your case.

Try the numbers with your income as $55K and hers as $20 and see what comes out.

Comment

Yup better armed with facts.I will do. Conference is end of April so I'll keep you all posted . I am plan to see an accountant and see how to combat this imputing stuff with financial lingo.I'm self rept and loving it. Lawyaers are a big scam. Even if you can afford one you can't trust them to be completely honest with you, you just cant figure out if there lying or just stupid. Thanks and well see.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X