No announcement yet.

Orders and FCC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandparents should keep out of family law. It is "family law" not "extended family law".

Comment

....well there is a certain member on here who falls into this category from the posts I've read. I wonder what they will have to say about your comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      Grandparents should keep out of family law. It is "family law" not "extended family law".

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        I agree...of course. 66yr old grandma is creating issues now with visits with mom. Apple does not fall far from that tree at all, so mom has last minute request as usual to see her kid, I have to say your mom has an access order for sunday of that weekend and so I went and made plans for the Saturday, then cursing threats etc from the mom about me being unreasonable. I am pretty sure the judge had his mind made up before the fcc even started, his evil firm stares at me and his smiling with the grandma at the start gave me the answer. I just need a middle aged woman judge to see through her lies and listen to my side without it just going through one ear and out the other, I had to fully explain my every complaint, she had none to explain, just a statement and he took those statements without question.

I guess if I Have to agree to an order I can ask to have restrictions of length of time(as in age of child when access order stops)and other issues put into the access order if he allows, such as if grandma moves so far away again (as in 300km) on a whim cause she is like that, order is void. The grandma looks like she doubles up on her oxys before court, its like she is in a glossy eyed trance, surprised the judge doesnt notice.

Comment

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
          ....well there is a certain member on here who falls into this category from the posts I've read. I wonder what they will have to say about your comment
          I could understand if grandparent has played the parent roll fully and is a good influence in a stable environment and has been a constant staple in a childs life from start to present and does not interfere with parenting, as well as not creating conflict in the immediate family unit.

Comment

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
            I could understand if grandparent has played the parent roll fully and is a good influence in a stable environment and has been a constant staple in a childs life from start to present and does not interfere with parenting, as well as not creating conflict in the immediate family unit. Only then if access has been totally refused then maybe an access order of little disturbance as possible in the immediate family unit maybe can be made only after a thorough investigation of some sort.

Comment

After a court appearance and then 2 fcc we are at grandmother seeing grand daughter minimum 1 time every month for 6 hours as per the interim court order, the court order has been followed other than the grandmother saying to grand daughter she had to go to court because of me just to see the grand daughter, she was not supposed to discuss court related stuff about the situation at all.
              So someone was supposed to contact me for an appointment with 9 yr old for a views of the child assessment before court, court is in 5 days....I imagine that will not happen.
              The time that grandma has with the grand daughter is average or a little above average for what I have seen in a bunch of case law, especially considering they were not exactly close to begin with they went a year twice without even seeing each other years ago.
              So when we show up at court the fcc judge said we either agree to something or it will just have to go to trial, my problem is the old bat is stubborn and is just out to prove a point as another family member has let me in on that piece of info, and she has nothing better to do, she also hates me for other reasons!
              So when I appear before the judge what is most likely to happen now? Would it help to tell the judge that the court order should stay as is since it is what similar case law allows in many other cases, and my daughter seems happy with the current situation. The daughter knows there is hatred between us and other family members which I feel makes it uncomfortable for her, plus I feel she is a bad influence on my daughter, just like she was a bad influence on my other daughter(step).
              Mostly just wondering how to deal with the upcoming court appearance in the above circumstances, I am primary caregiver, mother will see child maybe every 3-5 months for an overnight or 2 usually. Grandmother originally was trying to get access as if she was a parent, for an overnighter every 2 weeks and an evening every week....would not be a problem if she was a normal human being...

Comment

Grandmother was a no show at court, waited to the end of day to try again, still no show.

Views of the child report is majorly delayed, very busy.

Judge says interim order stands as it is until the grandmother furthers the issue.

I miss more work, grandmother has fun stressing me out.

Is there an age when the granddaughter can say I do not want to stay at grandmothers house for 6 full hours, or at all and ignore the court order?

Comment

Do you have a lawyer?

You should have asked for costs to be ordered for the non-appearance.

Comment

I went through financial issues, in a situation where I do not qualify for legal assistance, I can not afford to retain and pay for a lawyer at this time in my life, maybe in another 6 months to year.

When there is no show when your standing up there can you immediately ask for costs at that time for missing work? Or is it usually a fine or set amount for those circumstances? Also this woman would just avoid paying and she is very good at playing the poor little old woman role.

If it is ordered, how do you make them pay? Especially if they are running away from other debt already.

Comment

Well after the grandmother got her way(somewhat) she used the order for visitation for about 5 months, missing one with no phone call etc, 2 hrs late for another, then she has been awol with no communication with child for about a year and a half...I am sure she will pop out of nowhere unexpected one day demanding visitation...but after all that she just runs away.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X