This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's girlfriend

I don't know what to do about my ex's girlfriend. She is very stupidly outspoken (I mean she says the stupidest things to me for reasons unknown.) She came up to me yesterday at my son's soccer and verbally harrassed me but what she said really made no sense or had any bearing on anything. She's done this quite a few times before, whether when she's drunk or by phoning me. Yesterday she said stuff in front of my son and my boyfriend. I was figuring that I could send her a registered letter to say that she really had no need to speak to me. Any issues she has are really with my ex because of the information that he allows her to read in our case. My ex and I have been mature and adult about our situation somewhat thus far. I find her sudden outbursts quite immature and improper, causing conflict in front of my son. Has anyone ever delt with this and should I send her a registered letter? I just want to live my life, and I should not be accosted at my son's soccer or anywhere when she decides to say something stupid. Does anyone know what I can do? I have told my ex to have her stop before, and he agrees that its inappropriate and has told her so before after she has done something like this. I am concerned for my son since everyone else besides her in my son's life is pretty good at maintaining composure and a mature outlook, but not her! Please let me know if I can do anything or if anyone else has a story like this......

You can send a letter first, but you know it will make her upset that much more.
    I'd request an order that she not speak to you, not contact you via telephone or email etc.

You see my husband's ex always felt it was her place to call or email and rant at me, literally demanding irrelevant information on personal things in our life. She wouldn't dream of behaving that way to her ex husband, but for some off reason felt she had the right to harass and make demands of me.

The next time that she decided to drag us back to the court room for some god knows what unjustified claims, I had my husband include in his reply the many emails of a harassing nature and transcripts of telephone calls, and he requested a restraining clause in his order. It was included. It clearly did not sound as though she was to blame nor the reason for the order, it was not judgemental in any way, it just stated that she could not contact me and I could not contact her in any way, either letters, email or telephone, but it went on to clearly say that the ex wife an my husband could continue communications in any form for the benefit of the child.

She abided by the order for a while, but she is the CP and for some reason the courts do not hold CP accountable for their actions nor for going against court orders. Once she started again, we documented it, made sure to include it yet again in our court documents and she would get a verbal tongue lashing in court, and it would again be included and she would be advised to abide. She did again, for a few months, it’s a vicious rollercoaster, but like the other post in here family law sucks, and it is not fare and no one is held accountable unless you are the NCP.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X