Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
dutchknight dutchknight is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
dutchknight is on a distinguished road
Default One child at each house hold

OK I have a question, not sure id this has already been posted. I did a search but did not see the specific answer.
I have two children, my son is 16 and my daughter is 13. About a year and a half ago my son began living with his mother full time. my son and I were not getting along, so we decided it may be best for him to live with his mother. for the last year and a half I have paid my required child support.
My daughter has been going back and forth between house holds as per our custody arrangement. She now wishes to come and live at my home full time.

Now that my daughter wants to live with me full time and my son lives with his mother full time, how would this, more then likely effect my child support and how it is paid?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 PM
NBDad's Avatar
NBDad NBDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 2,734
NBDad is on a distinguished road

You would each pay full support for one child. Essentially whoever made more, would pay the difference to the person that made less.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Epona's Avatar
Epona Epona is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brampton
Posts: 422
Epona is on a distinguished road

You pay child support for your 16 yr old son living with his mother.
The mother pays child support for your 13 yr old daughter living with you.
One of you will be paying more than the other.
Since men usually earn more (but not always I realize, just for example!):
Let's say you pay $759/month (income of $85,000/yr, 1 child in Ontario)
and she pays $500/month (income of $54,000/yr, 1 child in Ontario).
So you'd pay her $259/month (adjusted annually) until your son no longer requires child support, wherein she'd start paying you child support until your daughter no longer requires child support, unless the situation has changed again.
Closed Thread

child, custody, payment, support

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Children's bennefits Wiser2008 Financial Issues 21 05-03-2019 06:21 AM
Post Secondary Education Ginger_Mallow Divorce & Family Law 39 12-11-2012 08:18 PM
new here & need advice Please??? momofnl Divorce & Family Law 4 03-25-2007 02:36 PM
Telephone Access smadax Divorce & Family Law 8 03-14-2007 01:55 PM
Many questions hurt1 Common Law Issues 34 01-17-2007 10:28 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.