X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Steven Watkins

Hi All,

I just wanted to share some good news regarding the location of Steven Watkins' children who were abducted to Poland.

If you are not familiar with Steven's story you can find his website here:

ALERT ! - ABDUCTED MISSING CHILDREN : Alexander WATKINS + Christopher WATKINS

Interview with Steven:

BREAKING NEWS: FOUND - MISSING CHILDREN - International Abduction Alexander Christopher Watkins - YouTube

Hopefully Steven's story will bring much needed legislative change on the removal of children without consent from the other parent. The taking and harbouring of children without consent is a serious form of child and domestic abuse that needs to stop.

Section 283.(1) and 282.(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada require major changes. The Children's Law Reform Act and other elements of the Family Law System need updates to make it clear to parents who take children that they should not do this.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Where's the like button on this site?

When my ex left with the kids and took their passports this was one of my main concerns. The police assured me that she could not cross the border without my written authorization, but I had heard enough stories that it still made me nervous. Thankfully she hadn't left, but I still worry what she might do if/and when the custody situation for my kids gets rectified.

SD

Comment

I am familiar with this story. Will definitely check out both of the links you provided. Thank-you Tayken.

Comment

Tayken-thank you ! I have chills...I can't imagine being that close to having my children back, and due to international laws not being able to get them in my arms right away and go back home !
        The laws need to change...the mother should be put in jail for a very long time ! disgusting...

Comment

It's great (and amazing) that he located them, but so far it sounds like the case is pretty far from having a happy ending for anyone, especially the kids.

Seems like these abduction cases (this one and another someone previously posted) are all about ruining lives of entire families. No one wins, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
            It's great (and amazing) that he located them, but so far it sounds like the case is pretty far from having a happy ending for anyone, especially the kids.

Seems like these abduction cases (this one and another someone previously posted) are all about ruining lives of entire families. No one wins, that's for sure.
            When a parent, superseeds the law and removes children without consent or a court order for any reason without prior knowledge to the other parent the impact to a family is devistating.

Even if you are running the day before a planned "emergency" ex-parte motion the pychological impact to the left behind parent is devistating. Using children as pawns to gain status quo is one of the most dangerous ways to use the legal system.

Furthermore, when a parent does this there should be a qualification for doing so and if the parent does it and the qualification (say prior police involvement, medical reports, etc) they should be criminally charged under section 283.(1).

Running because you "didn't know what else to do" is not an excuse for psychologically abusing the children and the other parent.

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

It appears that a Polish court has denied Watkins' appeal. Think the Polish ambassador to Canada should be thrown in the slammer until the kids are returned to Canada. When the Polish government protests we can say we have as much respect for the Hague Convention as Poland does.

Comment

Originally posted by kevindell View Post
                It appears that a Polish court has denied Watkins' appeal. Think the Polish ambassador to Canada should be thrown in the slammer until the kids are returned to Canada. When the Polish government protests we can say we have as much respect for the Hague Convention as Poland does.
                It will go to the UN and World Court it seems. It is really unfortunate that Poland refuses to recognize the role they have to play in the international community still.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  It will go to the UN and World Court it seems. It is really unfortunate that Poland refuses to recognize the role they have to play in the international community still.
                  Hi Tayken,

Could you send me a pm?

Thanks
                  SD

Comment

Watkins Missing Children - UPDATE THREAD

NEW - Please see this link for updates on this case:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-update-12862/

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X