This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singles Sites-Using them?

Just curious if anyone out here is using some of the singles site?

How are you coping with "buyer beware"? Paid sites vs Free sites?

Welcome to dating and the singles life in the year 2005!!

I do alot of things online such as internet banking. I feel most secure in doing this. I have seen those online dating sites pay and free ones. People meet in various ways. I have heard horror stories and I have heard positive stories. I think it would be similar to any other method of meeting people but trust your instincts and meet in a public place.

Comment

Good for you logical...glad to hear you have a good balance...so many men and women get sucked into the craziness and the addiction of some of those sites and forget to pay attention to their lives outside the internet world.

Balance is the key to it as anything is...

Comment

Right you are balance is important.

I have seen them but have yet to have a requirement. Anything online you have to be cautious about. I personally prefer the old fashioned method myself.

Comment

Online services

Hi there, my name is Ollie, I have found the man of my dreams on the American Singles site...all the people on there are not weirdos!!! What is going on in your life? I see your pic, you are a beautiful woman!! Hope things are going your way!!

Comment

Originally posted by OlllieJo
            Hi there, my name is Ollie, I have found the man of my dreams on the American Singles site...all the people on there are not weirdos!!! What is going on in your life? I see your pic, you are a beautiful woman!! Hope things are going your way!!
            Have you met anyone on the singles sites that are worth your time? Ha!! I had to kiss a few frogs before I found out that there really is love after divorce...

Comment

Is anyone using the singles sites?

YES, I found the love of my life on American Singles...He is all I could ever have wanted..If you want more info just ask, I had to kiss a few frogs before I met him, but it was worth the wait..I found out there is Love after divorce..
              How about you?

Comment

Hi Ollie Jo
                I will assume you are talking about me when you say "beautiful" woman since I m the only one with a pic up on this thread..lol! Thank you!
                I have and still frequent the internet single sites...I have kissed a few frogs, found some real whackjobs on there, made some fabulous friends (male and female), and have met and dated some simply amazing people but no...not prince charming yet. I m fairly picky and having been in 22 year relationship for all the wrong reasons...my next partner in crime will be for the right reasons. I m in no hurry and I do believe that is the trick to any dating life...taking the time to get to know yourself is very important and kissing a few frogs is necessary otherwise you just walk back into the same type of relationship you walked out of if you are not careful.

Comment

I have been using Yahoo Personals a little bit. I am just looking around I guess. I did pay for one month service but that is all.

Comment

Not that I m promoting one site over another...because they all have their advantages however...

www.plentyoffish.com is international and it is FREE...there are great forums to meet people and if you can stay out of the drama that occurs in any chat system...it is a great site.

Happy Hunting for those of you who are ready

Comment

I think this is a great way to meet people although it should be mixed with meeting people face to face.
                      Some people on these sites are just like you and i normal intelligent people but should always look out for people that arent and stay well clear.
                      I think we will see more online dating as the internet becomes more popular.

Comment

I have friends who have used canadianpersonals.net and have met some very interesting members of the opposite sex as well as those of the same. Although there is an annual fee - around 30 US$ (yes, it's a Canadian site????????), there are no additional fees for chatting, mailing etc. There also is a board for posting many different issues from relationships, entertainment, news, food, hobbies, etc.

I've visited but not joined...... it would appear that there is a lot of support for single issues on this site! Not a slimeball site!

G

Comment

Another great one is OKCupid. Absolutely free and probably the best and most in depth matching system I have ever seen. The only thing about it is that it takes some time... there are a lot of personality questions to answer, and the more you answer the better your matches will be...plus it's open source, which basically means that the questions and quizzes are written by the users. In all, it's fairly awesome.

And no I don't work for them LOL... but I *did* meet a truly excellent woman through it whom I have been dating for several months now and we are as happy as clams in the sand.

Comment

Get to know yourself

I would suggest before dating that one get to know themselves. Learn what went wrong in your marriage and do not repeat.

I've taken the last few weeks to search the net, read books about realationships and what makes them work ... unfortunately my current wife will not be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor but the next lucky lady will.

I am SO grateful to her for helping to make me a better person ... she is (was)my LIFE mentor and I thank her so much for all she has taught me about life.

I thank the BIG guy above for having given me the opportunity to share a portion of our lives together ... God bless her soul.

Hubby

Comment

Originally posted by nikitaforce
                              Just curious if anyone out here is using some of the singles site?

How are you coping with "buyer beware"? Paid sites vs Free sites?

Welcome to dating and the singles life in the year 2005!!
                              I like them
                              I have not had a problem. I dont really go on any free sites (are there any good ones?)
                              I have made some good friends using these sites.. nothing more than that though.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X