X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    Really...surely you are pulling my leg?

Africa, the Americas, Antarctica, Asia, Australia together with Oceania, and Europe are considered to be Continents.

To further Mess things up.....where does Turkey belong?

Turks believe they are in the Middle East. Have you stood on the bridge in Istanbul where one side is Asia and the other side is Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post

It's a system that's resistant to change, and will take a few more generations to sort itself out. You see that purely by the fact that even in once male dominated fields that are slowly becoming female dominated. They are still top heavy with men at the administrative level, getting paid the biggest salaries. The women haven't finished rising to the top.

What all this has to do with a 'dead' guy, I'm not sure.

LOL Rioe. The dead guy thing spun into a rant about spousal support and then I made the note that perhaps spousal support is payable because of historical inequalities between the sexes in employment. The whole fact that men get paid more than women has to factor into the spousal support scenario somewhere?? And, as men are at the top making the salary decisions for many of the working people out there, are they not part of this spousal support issue the guys keep harping about? It was just a generalization realized out of the complete unfairness in wages out there. As I said I worked in a male dominated field in 1989 without any post-secondary education and made the same amount as I do now, with experience and education in a female dominated field (that is payroll, HR, etc). Some times I think I should have stayed in that car parts factory and taken early retirement when it went bankrupt years ago.....

Then oink had to throw the race card into the discussion....

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
        Turks believe they are in the Middle East. Have you stood on the bridge in Istanbul where one side is Asia and the other side is Europe?
        I was in Turkey (Istanbul) 15 years ago, but only for part of a day. I'd love to return and spend more time there. I do recall seeing the sight you mentioned. Also went to a bazaar. It was fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
          I was in Turkey (Istanbul) 15 years ago, but only for part of a day. I'd love to return and spend more time there. I do recall seeing the sight you mentioned. Also went to a bazaar. It was fascinating.
          The Grand Bazaar...its amazing. A punk ran off with my purse...and my passport. I was so screwed. Thank goodness for moms. But dedpite all that...my best trip ever.

Comment

Haha, yes, let's base world borders on singing and sporting contests...may as well say Canada is part of the States because our hockey, baseball and basketball teams play in their "national" leagues.

Mmmm, kebab....should not be reading when I'm hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
              I have done more than, heck even had an authentic Kebab (the proper name for it, not the crap you get in Nova Scotia)

Izmir, Ankara, Instanbul et al..crossed over from Greece. I asked this what might seem like a tricky question because...where it comes to the European Soccer championships, Turkish clubs get to partake in it.

They also get to take part in the Eurovision Song contest held every year...first time for them was in 1975
              I think the majority of land falls to Asia but the biggest population falls to tge European side.

Whatever continent it belongs to...its an Amazing place.
              And Nova Scotia has donairs...they are famous. Perhaps you Oink arent accoustomed to good food just yet. Your pallet is still British. Go get you a deep fried Mars bar.

Comment

Yeah Turkey! I have only been there once, many years ago, and loved it.

Too bad this part of the conversation did not come up until now - because here in Ottawa there was the Turkish Festival last week. Fans of Turkey might want to keep an eye out for next year's events. Just google 'Turkish Festival Ottawa.'

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                  I don't understand how you can generalize about spousal support. Some people genuinely sacrificed and suffered for their former spouse's economic benefit; those people are entitled to some form of return on their investment of time and effort, even if the paycheques were in the other spouse's name. Other people hitched themselves to a high earner and now assume that this means they're entitled to live off that person indefinitely. Without knowing the details of each case, I think it's impossible to issue blanket statements about spousal support.

Child support is different - the right of the child is the right of the child, no matter what the circumstances of the parents.
                  The sanest post on this thread (except mine)

Comment

WO, Stripes and Oink.

Refreshing to see that not everyone gets sucked into "group think."

Thank you. Many who have been AWARDED SS BY THE COURT are hard working individuals who, for a variety of different reasons, cannot take their ex's to court and be awarded damages. Those of us who were trusting enough to go into business with our ex's (and who naively thought they had protection under the BIA) have found out that we are at the mercy of family court. Had I known that at the onset you can bet I would not have gone into business with the ex. I paid heavily for several decades to accountants and lawyers for an LTD company, falsely thinking I was protected.

Thank you again for using your brains and thinking before you post. Quite refreshing and perhaps other people who are in my predicament will be inclined to post.

Comment

All women deserve spousal support. We're women.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X