This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half of Canadians Are Crazy and/or Lying

A recent survey found that "54 percent of Canadians like preparing to file their taxes," and that "57 percent say their files are organized throughout the year." The results would indicate that our friends to the north are a bit off, pathological liars or maybe it's because they're actually capable of having a sense of humor about the whole process. [CGA]

It's the Canadian way hey!
    Survey: More Than Half of Canadians Are Crazy and/or Lying | Going Concern

Well, I do like doing my taxes. chuckle. I've always done my own, and I always prefer to file early as possible (I'm always waiting on other people to file them though (ex...waiting for slips).

Comment

That's funny.
      I like doing my taxes too! But that might be because I always get a refund, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if I had to pay every year.

And I am already organized for next year lol

Comment

Me too! I actually find it relaxing. I guess Americans are perhaps too lazy to do their own? Here's a comment that was posted regarding the article:

''You should know that us Canucks say wonderful things to any telemarketer survey-lackey who calls us! Heck, we're happy to have indoor plumbing in the igloo, let alone phones!
        More accurately though it's probably because we have a very simplified tax form:
        Line 1 -- How much money did you make last year? _________
        Line 2 -- Tax payable (insert total from line 1) _________

But we do get a free trip around the solar system each year along with our health care''.

Comment

Do "like" doing your laundry or flossing your teeth? It would be a lot easier if you didn't have to do it. But your life would be a lot crappier if those things were never done.

Personally, I actually do like going over may last year of financials and mulling over what I did and what I could have done. This puts me in a position of doing better next year.

Comment

I floss my teeth while doing laundry - top that!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X