This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Relationship of some permanence"

Does anyone know whether there are any court decisions out there which set a guideline for what a "relationship of some permanence" actually means with respect to a relationship with a child under the Family Law Act of Ontario?

Having had a child together void an actual marriage implies that the relationship had significant permanance. Basically meaning that there was an intention to have a devoted relation, IE a one night stand that resulted in an child is definatly NOT considered here.
    However if you had entered a relationship and felt that this was the one, or this is the person I could spend the rest of my life with, etc. then it was a relationship of some permanance.

Ontario Spousal Support Obligations

"A "spouse" means either a man or a woman who (a)are married to each other or (b)are not married to each other and are living in a conjugal relationship (i) continuously for a period of not less than three years or (ii)in a relationship of some permanance, if they are the natural or adoptive parents of a child both as defined in the Family Law Act,

This site is pretty good at answering commonlky asked quesions.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X