Email communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email communication

our court order states that I have to make sure the other party is kept informed of all matters related to the children. These include medical appointments, participation in sports programs, choice of schooling aswell as my preference for vacation dates and my requests for NOA. So, for the past six years I have been communicating all this information to him by email.

Recently, we have been in court for a motion for section 7 expenses and the other parent now claims that he has not received any of my emails because he had blocked me for the past six years.

However, none of the emails I sent out came back as “undelivered.” Sometimes I received an out of office reply when he was not in work but I received nothing to suggest the emails were not been received.
    Last edited by Nadia; 04-15-2019, 10:17 PM.

The onus is on him to advise you of changes to his email, provide you with a contact address and check with you that these things are being sent.

He stated he had you blocked. Your response is simply “I sent everything in writing to prevent issues with missed calls or undelivered texts. He did not provide me with any changes to his account therefore I continued to send communication to that address. Further, he did not express any concerns that he was not receiving information.””

Although the question is, did you incur s7 expenses without his written consent? Then that can be argued that you did not do enough to ensure he received communication to provide written consent. Example would be an email asking to enroll kid in soccer. Follow up phone call to see if he saw your message. Face to face convo during exchange to see if he got the message. Additional email to double check.

That doesnt mean ignoring you is the proper approach but if you don’t have consent, you cant simply incur an expense and expect reimbursement.

Comment

I don’t think this should really be a concern for you? Did your ex actually complain to the judge that he hasn’t been receiving communication BECAUSE they blocked you? I would have loved to seen the judge’s face for that one lol.

I think the most you would be required to do in this situation is maybe request a new email address to send communication to? And make sure it is strictly information only- no harassing emails. That or just keep sending them to the original email and let the moron unblock you

Comment

Understood Rockscan.

But isn’t it odd that assuming he wasn’t receiving any information about the children, would he not at some point in the last six years say something? Like for example, I know our child is transitioning into high school soon, you’ve not mentioned anything? Or is our child still attending appointments at such and such a place. I’ve received no communication from him.
        Last edited by Nadia; 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

If you received out-of-office notifications in response to your email(s) then that goes to show that he did, indeed, receive your emails I would think.

His excuse is lame. The fact that he stated he blocked your emails is also pretty inflammatory and won't help him in the least, particularly if an Order exists that you were to inform him (and he was in receipt of that Order). I would presume that you were able to work out vacation dates with him over the past 6 years.

Your ex's response is one of those that I would consider that fall under the "given enough rope to hang himself" sort of things. This will not bode well on him.

Comment

Arabian,

Yes funny enough he has been ok with vacation days. But six bloody years of me keeping him informed and he has not said anything until now when I’ve requested he contribute towards a section seven expense for this year.

Comment

Another poster on her suggested an app called Readnorify.com. It works beautifully. Costs about $5 a month. I wish I had known sooner.

I can see each time my email is read. How many times it’s opened. By how many readers and what platform is opening it for now for me. It’s worth the money. My ex’s gf intercepts all his emails on her iPhone. My ex had an Android. He is also a mechanic who can’t be on his phone during the day. And when I send emails sometime they are opened within seconds.

And the account you set up keeps track of all this information.

My ex has done the same thing to me. Saying I don’t inform him... yet I have the emails to prove it.

Let me know if you get the Sect 7’s. I am in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X