This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consented to reasonable access and mobility

At our case conference it was agreed that I could move out of the province. My ex agree to this and "reasonable access" but no access schedule. He had supervised access prior to this. I now have full custody as well. The final order was simple and vague. So what is reasonable access now that it will no longer be at a supervised access centre? My lawyer said that's for me to decide! I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but this is so vague. Nothing at all was outlined.

Hi There

I am seeking exactly what you have gained, but don't know where to start. Your help would be greatly appreciated. My 3 year old has supervised bi weekly 2 hour visits with his Father. Which is very hit and miss. His Grandparents live 4 hours drive away. I am British and no support system here.

I was laid off at the end of February and EI runs out mid August. I have received no help or support from father or Grandparents. My entire family wants us to go home. Where my true support system is and a huge family waiting to see and be a part of my wee boys life.

I am stuck and not sure what to do. Where did you start what did you do. I asked my ex about moving he flatly refused and has now gone silent on me and missing more visits because he knows what I want to discuss. I can't force a person to talk with me, but my time is running out.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Samantha and her wee boy

Comment

I would say that the children's father give you reasonable notice that he will be in town or you give reasonable notice that you may in the location of the father with the children.

Make arrangements between yourselves as far as visitation is concerned as far as timing and length.

I am unclear about the supervised access or if that will still be necessary once the move has taken place. If it is still needs then by all means make yourself present during the visit. There are ways to stay on the sideline and still remain present in the situation. The focus will be on Dad during the visit and if the children need reassurance then you are able to assist.

If supervised is no longer necessary make sure you know where the children are going and when they will be picked up.

Comment

My experience is having a year put into writing is a great thing.
        Outline what dates you would like to offer given the distance you might have to be creative.

If there is a clear outline of the dates for access not only can both parents accommodate them, the children can look forward to them. There may need to be some give and take for unexpected events like sickness or family issues, maybe an unexpected family event that was not known at the beginning of the year that may be scheduled that may change the access schedule and each parent should look at the schedule as an outline and allow for the unexpected but within reason and if possible something like 72 hours notice for changes if they are not serious in nature. Hope this helps you think of a way to approach this and allow liberal access, remember this is about the kids getting to see and know both parents not about the parent's needs and wants.
        Put the yearly access schedule in writing and have both parents sign as in agreement this protects both parents against he said she said issues as well.
        Best of luck, you are in a great position that many would love to be in, you're very lucky.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X