LAO Settlement Conference Program Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAO Settlement Conference Program Details

This was brought up at my TMC yesterday so I dug around and finally managed to find some information and it looks like I qualify because my ex has LAO lawyer and I make less than $50,000 and we both live in one the pilot communities.

This might be a good sticky post for new users.

New Legal Aid Ontario mediation initiative Luke's Place

Posted on May 6, 2014 by Luke's Place

Legal Aid Ontario is launching a pilot project in which it will cover the cost of a family lawyer to support clients who choose mediation. Mediation clients in the pilot communities (Brampton, Toronto, Scarborough, Etobicoke, North York, Kingston, Sudbury, Simcoe, Owen Sound, Milton, Muskoka, London, Kitchener and Hamilton) can call LAO’s toll-free number (1-800-668-8258) to find out if they qualify for up to 6 hours with a lawyer who can assist the client before, during and after entering into any legal agreement based on mediaton.

Clients will be able to receive legal advice about the mediation process and assistance in preparing for mediation as well as information about other options available to them. The lawyer can also assist the client to obtain a court order or binding agreement to enforce the terms of the mediation agreement.

Can a woman get a legal aid certificate for mediation?

Posted on April 21, 2015 by Luke's Place

Legal Aid Ontario has recently begun providing independent legal advice (ILA) certificates to support eligible clients who are engaged in family court mediation.

When one of the clients is financially eligible, the other client may also be eligible, as long as their income is no more than $50,000. In other words, only one of the two clients has to meet the regular legal aid financial test as long as the other has an income under $50,000.

The independent legal advice certificates provide up to 5 hours of independent legal advice before, during and after a client enters into any legal agreement based on mediation. The lawyer can provide information and advice about the mediation process, assist the client to prepare for mediation sessions and provide information and advice to help the client understand their options. The lawyer can also assist the client to obtain a court order or a binding agreement so the mediation agreement can be enforced.

Finally found LAO web page for this program:

Undergoing mediation? Both parties may be eligible for family lawyers

Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2014

Undergoing mediation? Both parties may be eligible for family lawyers | Legal Aid Ontario

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X