X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replay to offer to settle...

Hello everyone!

I got offer to settle on which I obviously not going to accept.
    I have a suspicion that that just sent me to say judge later - you see we tried to settle and he just not reasonable... (basically they want custody in exchange of overnight access)

So question is how to properly replay on it? Prepare mine offer to settle and send it back ?

Yes, you're right, it is a 'see how reasonable I am' game that each side plays to protect themselves against being ordered to pay the other side's legal costs.

Have you already provided your own offer before theirs? If not, then probably you should send yours. But if you have already sent an offer, it sounds like you are not willing to make any further compromises.

If there are any concessions that you are willing to make that can show you are acknowledging some of their concerns (demands), then you could present a new offer.

Or if there is any way that you can keep discussions open, to show that you are willing to keep negotiating, that would also be good.

Comment

I did not provide offer yet.
      Thanks for advice ...

what I am not sure to how to do it properly. I am going to replay offering joint custody with parallel parenting and add wording from their letter

We have suggested in the temporary temporary resolution that the issue of custody and primary residence be without prejudice until further order which may be made at trial and therefore this provision would not prejudice either yourself or Ms. MOM at trial.

What I not sure what to do with parallel parenting plan should I include it all or just put critical issues for now as it temporary temporary...

Comment

Forget the 'temporary temporary' stuff .. is just their 'trick' to get you to accept something. It doesn't make sense to me to put it in your own offer.

Comment

Well
          I was thinking if I put that and they will say it just temporary you have nothing to worry about I would be able to say my offer is temporary too and it's in a best interest of a child so why you did not accept it if it tem temp no worry ...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X