Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:01 PM

Teddie is on a distinguished road
Default How to prove I have the most recent Order?

I went to the police freedom of information office to get information about a criminal case where my son was the victim. They advised me to bring copies of my court orders showing that I had custody and photo id.

When I got there they rejected my request because my court order was "too old"; it's from February 2017. They said they couldn't be certain that there weren't newer orders with a different arrangement for custody.

Is there a way to get something from the courthouse or somewhere else that states that my document is the most recent order on file?

Thank you
Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

You need a letter from the court clerk that states it is the most recent order issued.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:07 PM

Teddie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
You need a letter from the court clerk that states it is the most recent order issued.

Thanks Tayken! Is that something you can just line up at the court house to get?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Thanks Tayken! Is that something you can just line up at the court house to get?
Yes. Just go to the courthouse and talk to a clerk.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:05 PM

CoolGuy41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
When I got there they rejected my request because my court order was "too old"; it's from February 2017. They said they couldn't be certain that there weren't newer orders with a different arrangement for custody.

That's pretty anal of them.