Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:05 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
This is not always the case, although a common misconception. This link provides a good explanation...

http://sullivanlaw.ca/what-happens-t...to-university/

I asked my partners lawyer about this and he explained the rarity and the reason for it. In almost all cases its ordered for the four months only and as an average over the year to be paid every month. In the cases where a minimum is paid monthly but full table is paid for four months, it is for instances where the payor has a significantly higher income or the recipient will suffer financial hardship. Lawyers write this in that manner to argue for cs to be paid but overall, the cases he sees and argues do not adhere to a cs amount outside the four months/average through the year.

In this case though, the child lives with the payor not the recipient so a home maintenance amount is not needed because the child doesnt love there anymore. As our lawyer would say, he is not responsible for her refusal to live within her means.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:10 AM

Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I love Canadian law...LOL

Another example where those within the industry continue to support this crap. Quote: The courts have recognized that this period will look a little different for every family, depending on individual circumstances, and have responded appropriately.

Law should be set by those we vote for....and there stands to be no law on this situation. No movement forward to change it either as the courts see it varied so much dependant on the situation? I would love to hear these situations?

There is no reason why this cant be simply put into a easy formula. Child in home: Parent gets Full CS; While Child is out of home for school Parent gets a percentage of full CS that is set within the law. No lawyers, no fighting, no debt, no drawn out battles. It is what it is fair.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:37 PM

bake is on a distinguished road

Totally agree with your position Newfie76...

Thanks