This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still downhill!!

well for anyone following my exploits in my relationship breakdown heres some updates and questions..house is finally on the market but i had no say in the list price if i wanted it listed the only problem is that she listed it so high that no one is interested in buying..what can i do about this?, also the ongoing situation with her son is getting worse, hes getting more and more involved in this and im having a hard enough time dealing with her...there must be some way to get him out???, he supposidly pays room and board but nothing in writing and he was only supposed to move back until he could get on his feet, which he is now..ive grown tired of the drugs in the house and his mother telling him he can say and do what he wants regardless of me..i found out that we are joint tenants on the mortgage and i have done all i can to avoid court as it will eat all the equity left in the home plus on top of that the constant verbal abuse is just too much..can anyone give me opinions, advice or point me in the right direction?...please i at the end of my rope here!!

you were given advice before that unless you want to report the drugs, there is no way to get him out if she wants him there. Now you throw in that he is also listed as the joint tenant so now you are looking at a smaller chunk as equity is divided by 3.

Your best bet, move out.

Comment

The son is a joint tenant or just the two of you?

Comment

ditto...standing

Comment

no no just the 2 of us on title...he just pays room and board..and the only way is to call the police about the drugs?..i was smart enough to take pics of all the drugs and stuff around the house...but i was hoping there was some sort of paperwork to get him out since i co-owner but basically i dont have a say in anything...very frustrating..this legal/court system is broken, if you dont have alot of money then your screwed..

Comment

Shlaba,

I have called the authorities on one of my own children when I found weed in his coat pocket. I wouldn't think twice if it was my ex's child. My house...my rules...do the crime...to the time. There are some things that children/adult children have to know right from the beginning of what is exceptable and what is not. Drugs in my home and I'm sure in many others home is definately NOT ACCEPTABLE under any circumstances. In my home there is no "Grey" it's black and white. My children respect me, love me, call me, ask for my opinion. Today they are all grown up and have families of their own. At this point in my life I can be a friend to them... my job is done :-)

Comment

I agree with Lorac... the cops should be called... in fact there was always a rule in my house growing up, and one that remains now that I have a place of my own... we were told as teenagers that if we ever did anything illegal the cops would be called and we would be punished, we were told that if the cops ever showed up at our house with us, they would be told to keep us, if we ever got in trouble with the law, we were to use our quarter to call someone who may help us, because my parents would not bail us out...

My brother was a witness for this, when he got brought home by the cops for drinking, my parents told the cop to take him back and put him in the drunk tank... he was not of legal drinking age, therefore was breaking the law... my brother spent the night in the drunk tank... guess what... he has never been brought home by the cops again, nor done anything illegal since...

What is your fear about calling the cops?

Comment

the only issue is that they smoke drugs together so they both prob get busted...but if the cops come and he is arrested or charged is he allowed back?...on thing i forgot to bring up in my first post is that she went to a family lawyer and apparently she told me after i pushed the fact to either serve me papers or get on with it that she had the wrong lawyer and that she need s a litigation lawyer...first what can or could a litigation lawyer do abou t the house situation and why woulod she need a family lawyer?..is it possible that the family lawyer told her that she couldnt help her?..i dont really have any understanding of non criminal law so any and all help would be appreciated in explaining all this is basic terms for me to understand

Comment

Do you really care if your stbx gets busted? If she is doing illegal activities then she deserves it just as much as her son does.

Comment

just be very careful it doesnt come back and bite you in the ass. They may say that you were using drugs also.

If it was me I would just move out. If i remember it was her house to begin with wasnt it???

Comment

yes it was, but i am on title and mortgage papers state us as joint tennants was told that if i leave she can do what ever she wants to the house and nothing i can do about it...i am counting on the money from the sale of house to be able to move forward with my own life, basically i put everything i have into this house and with health issues i need the $...the only thing i dont understand is what is with the litigation lawyer?

Comment

dont count on the money, you are in a high conflict thing so i am thinking that most of the equity you may get will be eaten up with lawyers bills.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X