Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:34 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Except its not important in court matters unless you have proof from a medical practitioner and it directly impacts the kids. For instance they abuse the children physically, they have been arrested for dui with the kids in the car, they abandoned the kids for days or they are threatening to kill them because they are manic.

The point of the conversation linked to the title is dont waste your time diagnosing your ex because they probably dont have what you think.

First rule of divorce—most people are assholes and thats why you are divorcing them. Being an asshole is not a personality disorder.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Trix is on a distinguished road
Red face

Is it too late to say I was actually intending on replying to a different post from a new poster who was talking about OP being a narcissist?

It is isn't it.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Is it too late to say I was actually intending on replying to a different post from a new poster who was talking about OP being a narcissist?

It is isn't it.

Lol

I find it funny to read how people automatically jump to “my ex is crazy” in so many cases especially when giving their background. Its really not relevant. Fact: you’re divorcing. Anything you say about your ex after that is really irrelevant both in and out of the courtroom.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:28 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

My ex doesn't have a personality disorder.... he is simply a dollop of excrement who believes his own lies. My ex's g/f is a malinger-manipulator who is with the man of her dreams. I need say no more.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:36 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
My ex doesn't have a personality disorder.... he is simply a dollop of excrement who believes his own lies. My ex's g/f is a malinger-manipulator who is with the man of her dreams. I need say no more.

Ha! This sums up perfectly how I feel about my ex and his g/f. Unfortunately she doesn’t realize what a sham the guy of her dreams really is. But I don’t feel bad for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 09:09 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Separation/divorce is a very emotional time. We look for answers as to why our relationships failed and how it turned into such a nightmare.

People come here to vent, I think thats OK. Better here then in a paper trail to court or negotiations.

I know I have vented to friends and family that I think my ex is a Deadbeat and a Narcissist, I once told my lawyer that my ex was a narcissit and she (a women of few words) said; "They all say that".
Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Some people are just vindictive, petty and vengeful. In a divorce they feed that beast by attempting to hurt the other person.

My partner tends to go to the place of “I want to hurt her like she hurt me” and I remind him there’s no point. Why waste your time trying to diagnose their problems when you can spend that time and energy doing something you enjoy?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:27 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

I have to say that I am different now since coming to this site about a year and a half ago. I was of that same mindset - defend, lash out, email constantly, always to justify and defend my good name. I couldn’t stand the thought of lies being written about me. (I couldn’t stand it on this forum either - haha). But life is so much better now that I constantly ignore. I actually notice the physiological effects of stress going away. It has been infinitely freeing to have made the pact with myself to not respond to the bullshit and only respond about business. It’s infuriating for my ex because he’s not getting the reactions and drama he wants - but too bad for him. Better to invest your energy into the positives in your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk