He signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He signed

My ex emailed me and said he was sorry for being selfish and only held off signing the separation agreement because he thought we could fix things. He signed the agreement and the waiver giving up his right to get legal counsel. He also signed and said he had no one to witness it.

He's agreed to go to the real estate lawyer and sign off on the deed and asked to have his name taken off the mortgage as soon as possible. My worry, is that he didn't have a witness on purpose and that after getting his name off the deed and mortgage, he's going to turn around and say he changed his mind. Meanwhile, he's not responsible for the mortgage but will still want half my house. I'd like to think he's being sincere but I'm also worried he's just trying to screw me over. It's so frustrating

Please tell me you didn’t respond and left him to send everything to the lawyer. If you think he isn’t still playing you are wrong. He is still playing his game and you should be on your guard.

Comment

I would want him to have a witness at the very least. What is to stop him saying that he didnt sign, that you forged his signature?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X