Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening

Any gardeners on here? Im looking for a Canadian website that sells bulbs, seeds, tubers etc. Im in love with some plants called celosias and sweet peas, poppies and dahlias. Unfortunately the limited selection of stores in our hood don't carry many different varieties. Anyone ever ordered stuff online and whats a good site?

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    Any gardeners on here? Im looking for a Canadian website that sells bulbs, seeds, tubers etc. Im in love with some plants called celosias and sweet peas, poppies and dahlias. Unfortunately the limited selection of stores in our hood don't carry many different varieties. Anyone ever ordered stuff online and whats a good site?
    Vesey's is a company that does fundraising by having kids sell bulb orders. I've gotten lovely stuff from then. See if someone you know is selling it?

Comment

Rioe, you are incredible. A quick look and I am ready to place an order. Dreaming of spring is in full effect!!

Comment

check the zone (although you guys probably don't have that much of a problem as Alberta gardeners). I once put in a pretty big order and didn't turn out for me and I recall being upset of the date of delivery.

Comment

Yep, the good news is Im in a part of Canada with very mild weather. Our only problem is one part of the backyard gets complete sun and the rest is hit or miss. I have to find lots of flowering shade plants otherwise I have a yard full of zombie plants!

Comment

I second Vesey's and would also recommend Stokes.

For sun/part sun, try blue honeywort - gorgeous.

For shade, try the heuchera family. There are tonnes of varieties, both annual and perennial. Bleeding hearts, hostas, coleus, astilbe, begonias and bush lillies are also nice.

And for the love of dog, if you aren't already - get on Pinterest!

Comment

Oh blink. Ive been Pinterests bitch since it launched.

We have a multitude of hostas and some bleeding hearts. This year Im getting some hydrangeas as I love them and we have semi-acidic soil so we will have colour and fragrance. Also invested in several astilbe plants last year and found the honeywort. Im excited to see them all grow this year.

I will look through stokes too! Thanks for the tips!!!

Comment

Golden hakone grass is our star. Tough, gorgeous, graceful, and complements everything else. Spreads slowly, so you can start with just one clump. Sun or shade, tolerates dryness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X