Time to vent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
    I hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Did you daughter ever talk to her mother about the abuse? If so, did she take any action...especially given that there was another child in the house?

Off topic but I was just reading a news article where a notorious reality star is now dating and bringing a guy around her children who was convicted of molesting her eldest daughter. The story actually made me kind of sick to read.

I'm very sorry for your situation. It sounds luckily like you're doing all the right things to help your daughter to heal from this.
    She tried to talk to her mom. She told her she was depressed. Was told by mom she's just like her dad. Depression is just in your head, smarten up.

As far as prosecuting, yes he's looking at serious jail time. Trial starts next summer.

Comment

Time to put the motion together.

She absolutely refuses to budge. Doesn't think she should have to pay a penny in support.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Comment

Just thought I'd give you all an update.

Step father plead guilty and got 1 year in jail and 20 on the registry.

As for the ex, we went to through mediation, still no resolution. I did get a temporary CS order for half of table. She made 2 payments for less than ordered and stopped paying completely. FRO has sent her a letter. Yey.

Kid is now in university and made the deans list. She's doing great. She refuses to talk to her mother.

This has made me a really bitter man.

I try to stay away from the board as everytime I read the words "he's a better father than my ex ever was" or "he needs to step up as a father" I get really angry.

Comment

Originally posted by tdog View Post
          I try to stay away from the board as everytime I read the words "he's a better father than my ex ever was" or "he needs to step up as a father" I get really angry.

Try not to see others situations as similar to your own. Or that another persons new partner will be a bad parent. There are a lot of great moms and dads on this forum including you. Sadly there are a lot of bad moms and dads in the world including your ex and her "new" partner. Your daughter is a success story. Its unfortunate she had to go through what she did but you were there for her, you fought for her, you continue to protect and guide her. Not many children have that in their lives.

I wish my mother had met someone who was able to give us the love and support (emotional!!!) that my father did not. He is still a selfish jerk who is wrapped up in his own life even now that he has zero responsibilities.

Comment

I did get a temporary CS order for half of table.
            Why half table?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              Why half table?
              The mediator got her to pay it on a temporary motion as a goodwill gesture.

He made it clear that I had a snowballs chance in hell at getting table as a man. Its just the way it is. Deal with it.

It is what it is.

Comment

Just thought I'd give you all an update.

Step father plead guilty and got 1 year in jail and 20 on the registry.

As for the ex, we went to through mediation, still no resolution. I did get a temporary CS order for half of table. She made 2 payments for less than ordered and stopped paying completely. FRO has sent her a letter. Yey.

Kid is now in university and made the deans list. She's doing great. She refuses to talk to her mother.

This has made me a really bitter man.

Only a year?!? What the hell????? ughhhhh...that just pisses me off.

The guy that just abused a dog where I live got more time than that (don't get me wrong, he deserved it but I find it ridiculous that you get less time for abusing a child).

As for the step-father issue...every situation is unique. There are great step-parents out there who take on the role of helping raise children. I have a lot of friends who were raised with amazing step-parents or adopted parents. Parenting isn't just a matter of biology...its a role...and some people just aren't cut out for it.

I'm glad your daughter is doing well and I'm glad you're there to get her through the trauma she's had. Congratulations to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  Try not to see others situations as similar to your own. Or that another persons new partner will be a bad parent. There are a lot of great moms and dads on this forum including you. Sadly there are a lot of bad moms and dads in the world including your ex and her "new" partner. Your daughter is a success story. Its unfortunate she had to go through what she did but you were there for her, you fought for her, you continue to protect and guide her. Not many children have that in their lives.

I wish my mother had met someone who was able to give us the love and support (emotional!!!) that my father did not. He is still a selfish jerk who is wrapped up in his own life even now that he has zero responsibilities.
                  Absolutely. Love, care and effort make someone a true parent, not biology or law. You had plenty of all three, and this useless stepfather had none.

Comment

The mediator got her to pay it on a temporary motion as a goodwill gesture.

He made it clear that I had a snowballs chance in hell at getting table as a man. Its just the way it is. Deal with it.

It is what it is.
                    Mediator? Huh? A mediator can't make an order. Do you mean judge?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Mediator? Huh? A mediator can't make an order. Do you mean judge?
                      Mediator wrote up an agreement which then got turned into a court order on consent. That's my guess.

I was hoping she had been ordered half-table, that would have made for some interesting case law if we could have found it. But mediators don't make case law.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                        Mediator wrote up an agreement which then got turned into a court order on consent. That's my guess.

I was hoping she had been ordered half-table, that would have made for some interesting case law if we could have found it. But mediators don't make case law.
                        You are correct. We agreed to it. Hoping for a bit of relief.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X