Personality disorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personality disorder?

My ex is constantly stirring up conflict. She will do the craziest things and constantly send me extremely vile emails, make fun of my new wife and I ignore it every time but after a while it becomes so unbearable that I snap and will respond to her emails basically telling her to stay out of my life, call her a nutcase, etc. This woman will then respond and act like she's the victim.Then she goes to my family and tells them I'm unreasonable and cruel to her. She acts pius and will say that she wishes I would leave her alone. She puts on quite a show.

Is this some sort of personality disorder? Possibly BPD?

Read this thread:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...isorder-19845/

Your Ex Probably doesn't Have a Personality Disorder

Comment

Originally posted by RunningMan View Post
      My ex is constantly stirring up conflict. She will do the craziest things and constantly send me extremely vile emails, make fun of my new wife and I ignore it every time but after a while it becomes so unbearable that I snap and will respond to her emails basically telling her to stay out of my life, call her a nutcase, etc. This woman will then respond and act like she's the victim.Then she goes to my family and tells them I'm unreasonable and cruel to her. She acts pius and will say that she wishes I would leave her alone. She puts on quite a show.

Is this some sort of personality disorder? Possibly BPD?
      Don't respond....the only way you're going to get her to stop is by not responding. When you do respond, you're giving her exactly what she wants. Besides, who cares what she has to say, her opinion really shouldn't matter to you.

Next, save and print the emails. Take them to your lawyer and have them draft a cease and desist letter with a warning that you'll pursue a restraining order if it doesn't stop. If it continues, get a restraining order. No one has the right to verbally harass you or your new wife.

Also, why is your family still communicating with this person? Are they not aware of the harrassment?

I had a in-law family member that continued to have a relationship with my ex-husband after I divorced him...so I simply stopped having a relationship with that person. I wanted zero contact with my ex and if you really want that, you have to take the steps to make it happen by completely disengaging. It takes some time but start the process now or you'll be dealing with this for a long time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X