Are men going MGTOW after divorce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
    I bet the poster above will beg to differ However, you are damn right and grocery store or walmart greeter is beneath most
    Hey I admire those "Walmart Greeters" - these are seniors who are staying active and who are topping up their pensions! Smart!

Comment

Anyone who is out there trying their best gets my respect. Yes, even the greeters. At least they're doing something.

Comment

My point....those greeters and grocery store workers, at least aren't sitting on their @$$ waiting for the next SS check

Comment

My point....those greeters and grocery store workers, at least aren't sitting on their @$$ waiting for the next SS check
          What exactly did you mean by "beneath most" ?

I bet the poster above will beg to differ However, you are damn right and grocery store or walmart greeter is beneath most

Comment

That those receiving SS can't imagine themselves doing these jobs...grocery store worker / walmart greeter.

Get it now?

Comment

People with "attitudes" likely would not be hired at Wallmart as greeters.

Just today I went to Wallmart and thought of this thread. The gentleman (early 50's) was extremely helpful and pleasant (I never have change for cart). He ran to assist me and was very pleasant.

Many, many people receive small amounts of SS and do indeed work at "these jobs."

I receive SS and it is 100% taxable (as it should be). It is 100% tax DEDUCTIBLE to the payor. My regular job pays the taxes for any SS I receive.

Comment

I may very well be going my own way.....

Interesting thread. I hadn't even heard of this term (movement?) of MGTOW. Personally, I seem to be headed into this situation by inertia. I'm in my mid 50's, I've negotiated thru an emotionally tough divorce and landed solid. I'm a decent looking dude by all accounts (I'm fit, have a full head of hair and all my teeth).

Its hard to find somebody who has a compatible lifestyle. So many women seem to have given up on body/mind maintenance around the age of 40. And there seems to be seriously slim pickings after about age 50.

And I have zero interest in blending my house with any potential mates Unlike my Ex who move a new BF and his litter into the house our divorce bought her...
                a mere six months post split). For me, its a different equation at this stage now, its not building a whole life together but sharing two individual lives. I think it can be just as fulfilling of a relationship as a marriage and can carry the same level of commitment. Hope springs eternal that I can find this sort of match, but who knows?

I think at last count I have dated ~25 women since my split about 2 years ago. None have gone past a few coffee/dinner dates. I think I'm pretty open in terms of matches... wanting some great physical and mental chemistry doesn't seem to be asking too much lol! Worst case, I just give it up to be Tibetan monk... and lose this amazing head of hair for a shorn noodle.

Comment

MGTOW has various meanings aren is a diverse group. When it's good, it's about self-reliance and self-betterment. When it's bad, it's a "women are evil" hate fest.

Going through my divorce and learning about family law in Canada I came too the conclusion that in the eyes of Canadian society and law, I was disposable and my only role was to work and pay, work and pay. I reject that and decided to live my life for me, ignoring whatever role the greater society might want me to play. For me, that is my own way.

Comment

To the points in BOLD:

1. Wrong forum to be listing your stats, there are other sites for this

2. You are NOT wrong about that one, and just to be fair a lot of guys fall into this slump too. The problem stems from people having got comfortable in their marriage i.e. pilling on the weight / ignoring appearance, something most take seriously when dating.

3. 'most" women seem to want to get hooked again soonest / move a guy in. I know this from first hand knowledge thru my dating

4. 25 women in 2yrs isn't much, especially if as you put it, it was just coffee / dinner dates. However, I'll hope you got more than just that out of these dates?

What you have to be careful about with your age group, is the ones looking to take advantage of you i.e. reel you in with a one time / two sex, with nothing else to bring to the table.

Make sure they have a good job and pension and NOT relying on yours to get by. Oh, and if they have baggage...run for the hills.

Originally posted by joehobo View Post
                    Interesting thread. I hadn't even heard of this term (movement?) of MGTOW. Personally, I seem to be headed into this situation by inertia. I'm in my mid 50's, I've negotiated thru an emotionally tough divorce and landed solid. I'm a decent looking dude by all accounts (I'm fit, have a full head of hair and all my teeth).

Its hard to find somebody who has a compatible lifestyle. So many women seem to have given up on body/mind maintenance around the age of 40. And there seems to be seriously slim pickings after about age 50.

And I have zero interest in blending my house with any potential mates Unlike my Ex who move a new BF and his litter into the house our divorce bought her...
                    a mere six months post split). For me, its a different equation at this stage now, its not building a whole life together but sharing two individual lives. I think it can be just as fulfilling of a relationship as a marriage and can carry the same level of commitment. Hope springs eternal that I can find this sort of match, but who knows?

I think at last count I have dated ~25 women since my split about 2 years ago. None have gone past a few coffee/dinner dates. I think I'm pretty open in terms of matches... wanting some great physical and mental chemistry doesn't seem to be asking too much lol! Worst case, I just give it up to be Tibetan monk... and lose this amazing head of hair for a shorn noodle.

Comment

Good points Hopefull.
                      The first thing I did when I knew I was going to be back on the market was hit the gym to restore my Greek God form. After failing to do that, I did get into pretty good shape.

All of the dating has been just that, coffee and dinner. I'm probably missing out on some action, but I'm also not having to go through a bunch of messy breakups. I'm trying to be a genuine as possible... if I don't see a possibility of a longer term thing, I'm not interested.
                      That said, if women were interested in a short term/FWB thing AND I was attracted to them.... totally cool with that. But as you said, a lot want the whole enchilada. I'm not going to get reeled in... 1st marriage is Lust 2nd is Love... 3rd is all about MONEY. (truth be told I'm looking for a match on all of those).

And to ifonlyihadknown.... I am definitely NOT on the "women are evil" end of the spectrum. I can see where a nasty divorce and all the subsequent problems with custody and finances would put a guy in that frame of mind. And to be fair, women could have the same level of caution after the experience.

I am going into Round 3 with eyes wide open this time. I'm taking time to figure out why my previous relationships didn't work and making sure I doing fall into the same traps.

I'm fine on my own... maybe I'll find a woman that is the same, and we can be fine together

Comment

I'm not swearing off relationships but I've been single 6+ years for a reason. We are headed to trial in January. After living a peaceful pre-marriage existence and never being exposed to police/social services/etc in my life to all of a sudden encountering someone so evil/vile that was so willing in the name of "love" to create false sexual abuse allegations involving my kids against myself and family members, claim false abuse she's "suffered" and drag myself through 6+ years of court...I'd say I'm good to be single for a while.

That being said, I've also taken the last 6 years to get myself strengthened, deal with the BS of this toxic relationship, get health back in order and make a path forward.

I see singleness as a gift now and know that my kids seeing a strong, healthy single Dad is a fantastic thing.

Be well Ladies & Gents!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X