No announcement yet.

Advice for PD Days and School Closures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really gets me is the legal fees the other side makes you burn to defend something that will most likely go nowhere. Why does it have to cost so much money?? So much aggravation and only the lawyers win. Divorcing a high conflict dysfunctional spouse is bad enough as it is. Add how it will drain your bank account so that you may never recover financially when its all done... Because they eventually resurface for more and it never really my ends. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop for the rest of your life. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Stay strong and limit your contact with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
      Add how it will drain your bank account so that you may never recover financially when its all done... Because they eventually resurface for more and it never really my ends. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop for the rest of your life.
      Agreed. My ex had a sleezy legal-aid lawyer where it became obvious it would be joint custody and 50/50 parenting, as outlined by the OCL. Ex played hardball saying she disagreed with OCL Report----she is an expert all of a sudden? Knew what the outcome was going to be so dragged court out as long as possible, making me delay 50/50 as long as possible, knowing they were sinking me financially where I would not be able to afford a trial. So now I am out of the weeds court-wise but recovering financially from the court battle. Legal Aid lawyer vs non-legal aid lawyer is NOT a fair fight. Its like she had a blank cheque.

Knowing how disfunctional she is, she will try to weasel out of 50/50 at some point, with a non-sensical rationale that she feels strongly about. When the time comes, I will hold up a chart of all the PD days that I requested to spend time with our kids, and she said "nope" to demonstrate how she fails to promote the relationship between dad and kids.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X