Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My order after 11 day trial (a beacon of hope)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My order after 11 day trial (a beacon of hope)

Many of you have asked for my order as such I have decided to post the contains here as an example of a great order, in which you can get self-representing yourself at trial against another lawyer.
    Note:
    I had 5 calls to CAS against myself.
    I had an OCL report recommending sole custody to my ex and my access to go from equal shared down to just under the 40% threshold.
    The OCL assessor in my case actaully was one of the people who called CAS.
    It should be also noted that I went into trial with equal shared parenting.
    My case was about inclusiveness; my ex's was about excluding myself from our children's lives.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing your order. My issues were different than yours but I found it very informative. One good thing I can say about my ex-wife (and trust me there isn't much good to say) is that she never restricted access to my children.

I was also pleased to hear that you didn't use a lawyer. No one needs a lawyer. They just get in the way of justice.

Comment

Once we had a court order, we shared equal shared. But my ex did restrict access for 3 weeks.
      When she told me we wasn't sending the children back to me, I waited less than 24 hours before I filed my application in family court. I knew my ex was gonna file, so I filed first to have it heard in my town.

As for lawyer, I used a lawyer on and off, was gonna go to trial with a lawyer, but she asked me to remove herself becuase she felt I was gonna lose. And that I should settle for what the OCL recommended.
      I didn't.

Comment

I wasn't able to open it on my stupid blackberry but sounds like it went well. Good for you! And extra congrats for accomplishing it all without a lawyer. That takes a lot of guts and determination. High fives!

Comment

I also found your order interesting to reference.

I've been scanning a lot of your posts going back to January.. trying to get a context. Do you think that scrapbook did it?

I'm really surprised about the OCL. Your story and the outcome seems unusual... a lawyer predicting you'd lose? Wow.

I think the you had a good outcome in court b/c you worked your pants off preparing and you approached this experience with a lot of integrity (based on earlier posts).

Comment

Even though my custody/access issue is in the past (trial - the whole nine yards) - just wanted to say thks to the ppl on here like involvedad who have been so generous to share their personal experiences with others. Many can benefit from being so honest and forthright with your matter. Good on you

Comment

I too was told to give up hope on certain things. I didn't. And it took time, and I know it sapped me of energy too - but I moved mountains. Just me. I don't listen when someone says "give up" if I feel I'm justified. Stubborn maybe? I don't know, but man I've rocked some boats. The bigwigs didn't know I had it in me to be so tenacious.

Comment

I had to be able to look our daughter in their eyes when they were grown up and say I did everything I could to fight for their right to have both parents equally involved.

Comment

Hopefully they never need to or want to. Hopefully by then my ex and I have put all this behind us, and we are laughing about it.
                  Hopefully by the time they are old enough to go look it up. Their parents are civil and our kids don't think anything of the conflict there once was.
                  After all that is our ultimate responsibility to promote good bonding between the children and both parents.

Comment

Hopefully by the time they are old enough to go look it up. Their parents are civil and our kids don't think anything of the conflict there once was.
                    My oldest brother experienced a nasty split about 25 years ago. It was a struggle for him to stay connected to his son. The mother really wanted him out of the picture. Over the years, the hostility b/w my brother and his former partner has subsided. TG for their son.

By 2007 (at our mom's funeral), there was no animosity... even b/w this woman and my brother's current wife. (Initially they had hated each other. So I was surprised at how cordial they had become.)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X