Parenting time and COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenting time and COVID-19

1.My company still running (cosmetic industry)...my short term disability will end on May 02...I have full custody of my son(11 years old) ...I can't take care of him because I work shifts and my company refused to gave me flexible working hours....my mother supposed to come from overseas to help me but now borders are closed back home. I was advised to apply for CERB because there is no way to take care of my son. I made more than 5K last year.
    2. Mother of my son asked through her lawyer to give permission to my son to spend more time with her...she has restriction order from matrimonial home, she rented a room in a basement on the other side of the city. My lawyer advised me accept facetime video meetings, even I was to her house with my son and allowed him to see and talked to her keeping social distancing but not agree to sleep overnight. What to do in my situation ?
    Thanks for your answers...!

Hire a babysitter. Seems like the obvious solution. Why would you not do so? The kid is 11 so it should be relatively cheap. I work from home and I would happily watch an 11 year old for relatively cheap.

Nothing wrong with allowing FaceTime videos. I wouldn’t allow overnights if you don’t have to. Given your lousy schedule, overnights can turn into “she is the better parent because she doesn’t work” pretty damn quickly.

Comment

Can't hire someone to come to your house or your son to spend time in other place ...in this time she can't blame me I break the rules for this pandemic...

Comment

She can blame me....sorry I'm tired...

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias25 View Post
          She can blame me....sorry I'm tired...
          There is no rule that says you can’t hire a babysitter to come to your home/send your child to a babysitter’s home right now. It might be a little more difficult to find one, yes, but you are still allowed to find care for your child if you need to work.

Comment

if there are 5 or less kids- in home daycares are still running. is there someone you trust who you can send your son to? call them an in-home daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias25 View Post
              Can't hire someone to come to your house or your son to spend time in other place.
              You are absolutely allowed to do both. Single nurses still go to work, and I'm pretty sure that their little kids are not tagging along.

Comment

I work night shifts commuting 200 km everyday...finally found someone willing to take my son to her house...she wants 21 bucks/hour for 10 hours (22:00 to 08:00)...I make 260 per day before tax...how can I afford that ?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X