Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:23 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I once asked if I could bring my kids to the lobby for a meeting with the lawyer (babysitter fell through) and she told me in no uncertain terms that the kids were not to enter the building if I wanted to keep her as a lawyer.

In retrospect, I get her point
Were you in the middle of litigation?

I've stopped by my lawyers office with my little one to pick up something. My lawyer didn't meet her- just his clerk. I never thought that I shouldn't have taken her there. In retrospect...I probably shouldn't have. It was on the way back from her pediatrician's office- and I told her I had to pick something up for work.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:51 PM

Helpmyspouse is on a distinguished road

I have shielded my kids from legal stuff from day one. It's 6 years now. There is zero benefit to my kids meeting my lawyer. In fact my lawyer wanted to drop off a bottle of wine Christmas gift at my home and I told him to drop it off at my work. I don't need my children to wonder why a strange man is dropping off a gift to mom. And there was no way I would just tell my kids this is my lawyer. They have no idea I'm in litigation with their dad. And I don't plan on telling them ever. They are too young to be saddled with this burden. I agree other professions are different but not family law lawyers.