This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was served tonight, help please?!

I had a motion served to me tonight, which from what I can gather means that if I want to reply with my own affidavit for the court date on Wednesday, I need to get an affidavit commissioned this weekend and served 4 days before the date (Saturday). I'd appreciate any recommendations on how I will go about this on a Holiday weekend....

No idea what you can do, but that is a nasty way to serve, so that you have no time to reply. I hope the court recognizes that.

Comment

Just need to get an affidavit commissioned

I just need to find a place this weekend to get an affidavit and some exhibits commissioned, I can have the paperwork ready for Sat, but I need to have it signed before I serve it. Any suggestions on where I could get that done on this Holiday weekend?

Comment

Do I need to sign a court order?

I'm just getting prepped for "My day in court" and was wondering, if an order is made, do I need to sign it?? without a lawyer I'm sure the other lawyer will try to get me to do a lot of dumb things, so just wondering

Comment

Update

Hi All, Sorry for the late reply. We had our motions heard last wednesday and I am happy to say that the judge saw it my childrens way, and did not grant sole custody and actually enabled me to negotiate more time with my kids and a temp joint custody arrangement. I still have a hill to climb to get shared custody, but the specter of having no input in my kids life is no longer hanging over my head.

OCL isn't getting involved so now we wait for the next conference.

YAY!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X