X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it?? what's the point?

Comment

The point?

"Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words.
      Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions.
      Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character.
      And character is everything."

That's the point.

Comment

Okaaaay somewhere something is out of context but that's cool. Everyone has off days, thanks to all who offer guidance and optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by ringettteplayer View Post
          I don't get it?? what's the point?
          Janus had a point, but it was not well taken.

All of the statements he quoted were reasonable. Ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
            All of the statements he quoted were reasonable. Ignore him.
            Probably good advice in general

Comment

Somehow I feel defending myself, in a forum that i use to feel supported and offered advice. I hope everyone truly finds happiness and can enjoy the sunshine and all of the other little things life has to offer. And I hope the men in here who "have" to pay child support or spousal support truly find happiness. I attended the parenting after seperation course and saw first hand the bitterness of people, thank the lord it wasn't a liscenced event!! the sun will come out regardless I hope more can enjoy it....And it's not my problem if you can't!

Comment

I assume you have proof of him being abusive? Charges, police reports, etc?

If you don't, withholding the address will look worse on you. Legally unless he's a documented and proven danger to the kids, he has a right to know where they are.

Not paying any cs is going to look bad on him. Withholding the address looks bad on you unless you have documented proof.

Comment

I must correct this assumption that you HAVE to give your ex your address.YOU DO NOT.You will have to provide it to his lawyer for enforcement action in regards for visitation etc but that's it.Have you considered a restraining order?He will most likely find it out through accessing the kids school records anyway ,so having something in place is a good idea.This is IF he has a history of violence.

Comment

Sorry, but disagree. Unless you can PROVE your claims, he will get the address. You give it to the lawyer, the ex gets it. My ex tried this game. No proof = you will be told to provide it.

You have to have proof for a restraining order. All boils down to how much of what you claim vs. What you can actually prove.

Comment

Not in Ontario.The parent in question has been prolific in emails and txts I believe?Thats enough to start the ball rolling.Peace bond is ALWAYS an option.That way if he shows up unannounced and aggressive you have legal protection.DONT EVER HIDE THREATS be you male , female or other.People always whine about the police not doing their job but you would make their job easier if you tell them what's going on.

Comment

Yes thank you all, I do not have domestic incidents looking back I should have soo many times. I have to move forward.

I do have all texts and emails, yes a peace bond is something I am going to ask my lawyer. She does have my information along with my address. so IMO he is trying to strategize something, even though he knows I have never denied him to parenting time or to parent his children.

Comment

If you have reasonable fear of your ex, together with threatening emails, you can petition the court for a peace bond - you don't need a lawyer.

Comment

Like NBDad said, he may just want to know where his kids are living. Doesn't necessarily mean he is strategizing something...

He knew your old address. Did he ever show up, cause fear, or do anything then?

I believe either way eventually he will find out, through lawyer, school, dr, etc... If that is the only thing holding back cs, then why not give it now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X