This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation agreements

Is there a statue of limitations on separation agreements? Mine was done in 2002, bought him out of house was a stay at home mom and I only asked for child support. Things got messy in 2008, bought a second house down the road let him live in basement. When that didn't work he left. He met Chicky and when he finally filed for divorce claimed reconciliation, and said 2nd house another mat home. in 2010 motion to sever divorce from other issues, and motion to add third party, second house in my fathers name. He got divorce and lost on adding 3rd party due to statute of limitations. We just finished trial for retro and access issues,( not many issues all because of his lack of interest, kids are 13 and 18....) and are awaiting judges order. but my question now is, can he contest the original separation agreement that was done 10 years ago by claiming the reconciliation occurred at the former mat home( there is no proof all income taxes for the year in question filed as separated ) go after the other house i bought him out of. If the only issues at trial were the 2 I mentioned can there be more????

Two sides to every story.

Comment

Truthcomesout = what is your point or relevance to this thread?

Comment

arabian = what is your point or relevance to this thread?

Comment

Was the separation agreement legal and binding?Was it done by lawyers and signed off after both of you received legal advice?Do you have proof that you bought him out?As in financial records etc.?Lots of people are being forced to co-habit after separation agreement due to financial circumstances, that shouldn't be used against you. Your tax records show your separation that should be useful to you.

There is alot of scam artists out there trying to make an easy buck.What you really should focus on is what can your ex can prove.What he WANTS is irrelevant .If your agreement was completely legit and you never reconciled than what he WANTS will likely be laughed at.History is relevant.Does your ex have a history of dodging child support etc???Judges do look to a persons character .(Im not a lawyer nor do I claim to be)

Comment

Cynthia10 left the forum a little while ago. Tayken posted a CanLII decision for discussion as an interesting case without realizing it belonged to a member. She felt targeted as it was hers and it didn't go well for her, and she reacted poorly.

Now I suspect this new poster may be her ex, but what the point is of coming on now and not offering any useful information or asking for advice, I'm not sure. I suppose it just further demonstrates that they were both antagonistic towards one another. Both of them are damaging their relationships with their children, and too busy blaming the other to realize it.

Truthcomesout, you won't find allies against your ex on here, nor a forum for bashing her, but if you want advice on how to reconnect with your sons, we can give that a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
              Cynthia10 left the forum a little while ago. Tayken posted a CanLII decision for discussion as an interesting case without realizing it belonged to a member. She felt targeted as it was hers and it didn't go well for her, and she reacted poorly.

Now I suspect this new poster may be her ex, but what the point is of coming on now and not offering any useful information or asking for advice, I'm not sure. I suppose it just further demonstrates that they were both antagonistic towards one another. Both of them are damaging their relationships with their children, and too busy blaming the other to realize it.

Truthcomesout, you won't find allies against your ex on here, nor a forum for bashing her, but if you want advice on how to reconnect with your sons, we can give that a go.

Wow ,thanks for cluing me in!.I agree with your hypothesis on what going on here too.

Comment

Thank you Rioe. I believe you might be correct in your assumptions about the poster.

To answer you billm - I was simply asking what the poster wanted as a specific comment or question was not posted to 4 different threads and one comment in another thread was directed at me. I requested clarification from the poster as to what relevance their 3 word statement had to the thread they had posted on.
                Last edited by arabian; 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X