No announcement yet.

Extremely disturbing comments from D4 tonight!t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first found out about this, I tried going to their office to speak to someone directly, but that is pointless, because they just tell you, that you need to speak to the "worker", and that the worker is not available. "You can leave them a message".

Frustrating being left in the dark on this thus far.

Comment

You may have tried this already, but ... you could go to the office, not ask to speak to "the worker", but ask who "the worker" reports to. Then say you would like to make an appointment with the worker's supervisor in person, you're very flexible as to time, when would be most convenient for the supervisor, etc. Be ultra-polite, but don't leave until you have an appointment (or until someone threatens to call security ). It sounds like the caseworker is trying to dodge you (this has been going on for a few weeks, hasn't it?) and it may be time to escalate up the chain of command.

Does the CAS have an ombudsman? That might be a useful resource.

Comment

I'll have to see.
        I had already spoke to the supervisor while the case worker was off, at the case-worker's suggestion when they informed me they were going on vacation, and I asked about who would be working on this during that time.

The supervisor was not helpful at all, basically just saying it would wait until their worker was back, and that I should speak to the worker when she got back, as its their file.

That's the same supervisor who said "well, we'd prefer for Mom to communicate that to you, but she didn't, and that was her choice", when I asked about wanting to be kept informed, and had to explain to them, I only found out about CAS involvement through D4's comments - not them.

I will likely have to show up again and insist on some face-to-face.

Comment

Yes, I think face-to-face is probably where you need to go to make sure this gets resolved.

I must say I'm pretty appalled by this agency. They have a report of possible sexual misconduct involving a minor child, they do not notify a custodial parent, and then when that custodial parent learns about this from his four-year-old, they dodge and weave and don't provide any information. Yes, Mom should have informed you, but Mom failed. If this had been about Mom's spa date or her cat's vaccinations or something minor, yes, leave the responsibility with Mom and let her fail, but this is something serious.

Good on you to keep pushing with this.

Comment

I'll update, if I can, when I can. I don't have much faith in this particular agency, yet I'm trying not to reflect that, in my trying to deal with them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X