Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child care for non custodial parent

I am the custodial parent.

Minimum wage (actually less than that by judicial error) was imputed to the ex and CS based on that, no order of S7

Ex wants to work on the weekends which include weekends of their access. if they want to arrange child care for their weekend while they work, do I have to pay a part of that as S7?

for clarity i have the child 80% of the time if not more
    Last edited by sahibjee; 09-15-2017, 06:16 PM.

I am new to this, but I think the way it works is that each party pays a portion of this section 7 expense according to the % they are supposed to pay, so for example, depending on income it might be 70/30 or 50/50. I am not sure what happens if one person works during week and one during weekend, because you could just have each other be the "childcare" and then there would be no bill.

Comment

Minimum wage has increased. So that income show be updated to reflect present minimum wage.

Child care expense goes both ways. If you want to have the child in daycare when he is available, and have him pay, then he can put the child in daycare when you are available, and have you pay.

Perhaps, if it works with your schedules, you could maybe give him some of your week access when he is available and he could give you some of his weekend access when you are available ? In other words, right of first refusal. Meaning the parents will provide one another with opportunity to look after the child before tossing the child in daycare and creating unnecessary costs to the family, which by the way, would still go both ways.
      Last edited by trinton; 09-17-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X