Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes time but there will be different "turning points" along the way that get you through this. If you work out---a gym---you meet new friends--and many are or have been through divorce and are a good support. Having a professional to talk to--so you don't feel like it is your fault--especially since there was no warning---is key. You have to decide if you want group or individual counselling--but in a small town---individual might be the way to go. Set a personal challenge---and then go for it. Do a 5km or whatever run----the gym was my salvation. Yoga was amazing---my thoughts could go everywhere there---I sorted out a lot in yoga class---just don't get frustrated at first if you have never done it. Having a forum like this is amazing.

Comment

Still going through the whole separation process with a lot of stress. The gym was the best thing I did.

I've lost 40 lbs (I was obese, still sorta am) and my doctor was very impressed. it helps immensely with the stress. Exercise releases endorphin's which can really help with depression. My blood pressure also dropped about 10 - 15 points. Never felt better health wise. Time for some you time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X