Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:13 PM

StuckinAB is on a distinguished road

I didnt handle the finances. My husband is the big spender made these purchases despite my concerns.

IM ASKING ABOUT MY CAR AND HOW TO REPSOND TO HIS REQUEST TO SELL MY CAR. I can't sell the car bc it in his name.

He is responsible for the house. This is his separation that he initiated. I can't force the market. This post was about my car in the mean time.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:24 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

unless you can afford the payments, insurance etc then just sell the car. Its not a hill to die on.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:55 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I am confused as to what sort of an Order exists (if any). If there is an actual "order" for sale of home or other matrimonial assets, proceeds from assets would not be dispersed right away. They would be either paid into the court or held in trust.

Orders from Alberta Court of Queen's Bench for child or spousal support are enforceable by MEP. Standard. If someone, after receiving Order, wants to not have MEP enforce on their behalf then they would opt out but there is a process to follow.

This sounds like a case of two people in sticky financial situation who are in early throws of separation. No one wants to part with their toys etc.

Vehicles are financed and I would hazard a guess the house and vehicle financing are delinquent (or soon will be).
Old 07-27-2019, 08:20 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Well if the order says sell the cars and turn the money over to you then you need to give him the car to sell it. If there is a high loan against it then there wont be much money left. Which means there will not be money to turn over.

There is your answer. The order is clearcars get sold. Everything else is irrelevant.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:35 PM

Thank you all.

Last edited by StuckinAB; 07-27-2019 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 07-27-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinAB View Post
Thank you all.
After last court appearance, 10 months ago, my husband seeing how much everything would cost CS, SS
, selling cars, he started backtracking and started talking about getting a smaller house together. We put the house on the market bc we could not afford it married or not.
Now that he got this DUI 3 weeks ago, and got rid of his, he wants to get rid of mine.

Now my concern is that If, I don't get these orders to MEP there will be no assets left to put liens on .
See here ...thanks
Old 07-28-2019, 02:47 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

He sold his car first like he was ordered and now according to this order your car now gets sold.

What happened with your slam dunk mobility case where you were so sure you could move the kids out of the country?
Old 07-28-2019, 07:49 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

You are really talking in circles... you want him to follow the order but youre trying to prevent him from doing so... the order stated his car got sold, he did that and then your car got sold. But youre trying to prevent that because you want him to retain an asset you can put a lien on. Thats not what the order states. Seeing as you admitted the car is all in his name if I were him and you were being this difficult I would simply take the car back and sell it without you. Remember, you may be entitled to the value of the asset but it doesnt mean youre entitled to the physical asset.

Why are you preventing the sale of the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 08:42 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
You are really talking in circles....

Why are you preventing the sale of the car?

Thank god its not just me.

You have an order for the sale of the cars. You are breaching the order.

Quick math lessonif you have an asset but the asset has no value its no longer an asset therefore you cannot put a lien against it. Meaningjust because a car is valued at 40 grand doesnt mean it is that much. If he owes 35 grand on it its only worth 5 grand.

None of the other stuff you say make sense...you have an order for cs but MEP wont enforce it. You are going to take the order to MEP to enforce it but you just said they wont enforce it.

Like I said, time to put on your big girl pants and stop playing dumb. The court document would have had all the financial info including what is owed on the cars. Read it. You want support? You dont get it while he is paying your bills.

Lose the Im just a poor stay at home mom who knows nothing attitude. You CHOSE to be a kept woman. You were COMPLACENT in this decision and now you have to learn to live without it. If you cant go find some other rich sucker who will give you what you want.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
What happened with your slam dunk mobility case where you were so sure you could move the kids out of the country?
I also told her in the previous thread that her house was going to be ordered sold, but she didn't believe me. She had this wonky idea that her ex would give her the house because somehow it would save him money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinAB
I can't sell the car bc it in his name.
Give him the car, and let him sell it. I'm not understanding the issue here?