Awaiting OCL response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting OCL response

Is pushing a motion for interim access before hearing back from the OCL too premature? My understanding is that it takes 3-4 weeks just to hear back and then they take 3-4 months to do their thing....

what is the access situation currently?

why?

Comment

As of now, zero. As per my prior posts, kids are severely alienated, stbx has been sharing and spinning details of legal communications, telling them I left them with nothing (despite all home expenses paid and full table child support monthly....) and she is stating kids refuse to talk to me on grounds of prior emotional and physical abuse. CAS and daughter's therapist both have made it clear they support my contact with the kids, and that there is no support of any abuse allegations.

Comment

In that case- I don't think that pushing for interim access during the OCL process is premature in any way. Throughout our OCL process- my daughter's dad had supervised access- and it actually increased during the process. Mind you- it was supervised and I wouldn't remove supervision until after our disclosure meeting. But if there's no safety risk to the kids- I'm not sure why you wouldn't have access now.

Have you been charged with anything against hte kids?

Comment

No, never. CAS in fact has offered to act as a therapeutic intermediary, not required supervision, to facilitate access. Both CAS and my daughter's therapist are more concerned with my kids social isolation, and STBX's lack of parenting.
          The kids have been allowed to miss school, not attend therapy, and a lot of other issues. They know I won't allow that to continue, hence their resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
            what is the access situation currently?
            If I recall correctly, he voluntarily left the home, and his hope was that OCL would restore his parenting time.

To answer the original question, of course you should motion for interim access. Not the least due to the fact that if you have no parenting time the probability of a favourable OCL report would be extremely low.

Don't forget to immediately send an offer to settle.

Comment

[QUOTE=Janus;236756]If I recall correctly, he voluntarily left the home, and his hope was that OCL would restore his parenting time.

Partially correct...I did leave voluntarily, OCL was in the interest of identifying parental alienation, and parenting deficiencies that have been identified by CAS and both children's therapists.

I will remind my counsel of proposing a graduated schedule in the motion. She is trying to make this a short motion though (vs a long) so I may be limited in the scope of things I can request.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
                [
                Partially correct...I did leave voluntarily, OCL was in the interest of identifying parental alienation, and parenting deficiencies that have been identified by CAS and both children's therapists.

I will remind my counsel of proposing a graduated schedule in the motion. She is trying to make this a short motion though (vs a long) so I may be limited in the scope of things I can request.
                why short motion?

you should be getting ready- and gathering all your evidence to show you are not a danger to your children. It seems like your wife is getting ready to throw as many allegations as she can against you. Your counsel should be preparing a good offence. Criminal Reference checks, etc etc. The works.

Comment

No, never. CAS in fact has offered to act as a therapeutic intermediary, not required supervision, to facilitate access. Both CAS and my daughter's therapist are more concerned with my kids social isolation, and STBX's lack of parenting.
                  The kids have been allowed to miss school, not attend therapy, and a lot of other issues. They know I won't allow that to continue, hence their resistance.
                  have you ever been charged with anything against your ex?

Comment

Nope, nada. Back in April, CAS was prepared to allow my daughter to live with me due to concerns over the behaviour of her older sibling. If they don't have an issue with me, I don't see how a judge would.

Comment

[QUOTE=iona6656;236759]why short motion?

Faster to get a court date.

As for defending myself, I’m about as clean as they come. No charges, no probations...children’s doctor, therapists, teachers,CAS worker all have been fairly candid that they don’t see me as the problem in the family dynamic.

Comment

You need to start keeping the other quote tag at the end

Ignore the *'s...

[*Quote]Janus is Awesome[*/Quote]

Which becomes

Janus is Awesome
                        You are just doing the opening quote tag

[*Quote]Janus is Awesome

Which becomes

[Quote]Janus is Awesome

Comment

children’s doctor, therapists, teachers,CAS worker all have been fairly candid that they don’t see me as the problem in the family dynamic.
                          Do you have any of this in writing or this just what they have "told" you.

I mean, my doctor said that I have the herculean body of an olympic athlete. I since I am saying that he said so, it must be true.

Comment

Point taken, and yes, I do have emails endorsing my contact with the kids, from CAS and therapist.

I guess my frustration is that I hear the courts push access barring very severe proven threats to safety....these are kids that are suffering a scorned parent’s biased views to make a decision regarding their relationship with their father.

Comment

children’s doctor, therapists, teachers,CAS worker all have been fairly candid that they don’t see me as the problem in the family dynamic.
                              I do have emails endorsing my contact with the kids, from CAS and therapist.
                              To be clear:

A) "The mother is the main problem here"
                              B) "The father should have some contact with the kids"

Those are not equivalent statements. Even if you were the main problem, most people would still believe that you should have contact with the children. All this means is that your parenting time won't happen to be supervised.

That's a good thing, you don't want supervised parenting time, but you are still a long ways away from 50%, which is what you need to end alienation.

Going to the lawyer today?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X